Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Next thing you know I\'ve spent four bets and I\'ve still got nothing...

I managed to pay one small bet four different times by the time the flop was over. Assume unknown opponents.

Party Poker 15/30 (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hijack raises, I call for one more bet(I was a poster), button folds, SB 3bets, everyone calls. 4 ways for 3 bets each.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, BB calls, hijack calls, and I call.

Comments?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Next thing you know I\'ve spent four bets and I\'ve still got nothing...

I like 3-betting preflop.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Next thing you know I\'ve spent four bets and I\'ve still got nothing...

[ QUOTE ]
I like 3-betting preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 3-betting preflop is a mistake. I'd 3-bet with virtually any hand I'd call with in this spot.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:44 PM

I'd have spent the four bets a different way: 3-bet preflop, call SB's cap and fold the flop.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have spent the four bets a different way: 3-bet preflop, call SB's cap and fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of throwing in a re-raise with a potentially dominated hand like KJo? Are we trying to get others to fold, or are we trying to show strength in hopes that we get people to fold if they miss post flop?
Old 08-27-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Next thing you know I\'ve spent four bets and I\'ve still got nothin

once the action is folded to late position, raising standards become very light, especially at an aggressive table/game...people are also more likely to attempt a steal with more money in the pot than normal (the posted blind), also they expect the poster to have a more random hand than KJo...

so if OP decides he wants to play this hand, which he should, he should 3bet because his hand might be best and because it gives him the initiative in the hand and it will often leave him heads up in position...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Next thing you know I\'ve spent four bets and I\'ve still got nothin

Well I suck and should have 3bet preflop, but what do you guys think of the flop?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I suck and should have 3bet preflop, but what do you guys think of the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

That part sucks too.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but what do you guys think of the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call too getting 15:1 and ending the action.