Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Here\'s the type of hand I have problems with.

Do I need to get to showdown here? Villain is 60/10 and of unknown aggression over a small sample. In other words, no read.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Here\'s the type of hand I have problems with.

fine.

Krishan
Old 08-18-2005, 08:49 PM

And if the villain fires again on the river, he should call one more bet, right?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if the villain fires again on the river, he should call one more bet, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah.

Krishan
Old 08-18-2005, 09:36 PM

I fold to the turn raise here. The pot is small there is an overcard and you are probably dodging a lot of cards with the flush draw here if you are not already behind
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I need to get to showdown here? Villain is 60/10 and of unknown aggression over a small sample. In other words, no read.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise the turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Someone that loose tends to have picked up a flush or paired his 56o. Charge him and bet/call the river. A read could definately swing this to your line, but this is how'd I play it.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise the turn Someone that loose tends to have picked up a flush or paired his 56o. Charge him and bet/call the river. A read could definately swing this to your line, but this is how'd I play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent way to piss away a bunch of chips. There are guys who take shots at the turn with a semi-bluff or if a scare card hits, but that isn't the norm at 5/10 IMO.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I reraise the turn Someone that loose tends to have picked up a flush or paired his 56o. Charge him and bet/call the river. A read could definately swing this to your line, but this is how'd I play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats a little much. the reason that you need to call down here is b/c you're getting good odds from the pot. once he raises the turn you're probably beat, so putting extra bets in here isn't good.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I fold to the turn raise here. The pot is small there is an overcard and you are probably dodging a lot of cards with the flush draw here if you are not already behind

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot's not that small here. if he bets everytime on river, you're going to call 2 BB to win 7.16 BB's. almost certainly you're good more than the 21% needed here(including the times when he draws out). no reads on the guy, but 60vpip at least hints that his range here is quite large
Old 08-19-2005, 02:08 AM

Dan,

Realize that your range of hands here is so wide that your opponent can raise this turn profitably with a number of hands that you're still ahead of. 88 is a strong hand to be holding here and you should definitely call him down.

Said another way- imagine how your opponent could exploit you if he knew you would fold everything less than top pair here. Gotta keep his punk ass honest.

Remember last paycheck of the summer goes to bers and what-not next weekend.