Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 11:44 PM

Default To frisky?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 08-01-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Results

UTG has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and My hand is Good
Old 08-01-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: To frisky?

Deleted for retardedness (i.e. not reading the action carefully enough).
Old 08-01-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop raise here is spewing.

All that three-betting is actually going to do here is cut down the field from an appetizing 6-7 players to an undesirable 3-4 players. Against any standard field, you will get someone cold-calling the raises, and so it is very unlikely you'll get the hand heads up with the CO.

Your hand plays well if you can get a lot of volume. Raising encourages others not to put in that additional flop bet, which you kind of want them to, because when you hit your set you become so much the most likely winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Are you saying the flop play is check/call?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 PM

I edited my post to clear up the confusion. It's the pre-flop reraise that I think is spewing.

Given how the hand was played out pre-flop, hero's post-flop line is correct. I think that hero got quite lucky here, though, in how the hands worked out. I think the fact that raising pre-flop seemed to have been correct here is an exception, and usually calling pre-flop will be the better line.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 PM

What preflop reraise?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 PM

I like your line a lot. I've found myself doing things like this a lot more these days and being good.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM

I'm a retard. I'm deleting my post. I totally misread the action.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 PM

LOL I think you might need a nap.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:39 PM

interesting line.

I think the flop c/r is very good. The call from UTG player scares me though. I'm worried that if he's loose/passive that he's calling down with a weak pair here.

Turn bet is mandatory follow up to the flop raise, correct (what cards would cause us to check : Ace? King? Queen?). Good to get CO to fold.

On the river ... I'm assuming that you're going to call a bet?

Let me ask a question:
If villain shows down A9o is this still a good line or does it become chip spewing? I know, if villain shows down A9o then we love the villain and will get our $$ back eventually, but is this a case of "good line" because we see that villain just had a draw? If villain is loose/passive would he call down with a 7 or a 4?

Nice Hand
ThisHo