Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Dynasty, give me a fvcking break!

I know banning people is fun, but banning jason_t for telling you to stfu because you called Journey gay, you need to relax!

Here's some more people you may want to ban though:
TSC
jakethebake
Patrick del Poker Grande

Honestly, do you really think banning jason was necessary to moderate OOT?

p.s. Can you please respond to this post unlike the last one I made?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Dynasty, give me a fvcking break!

There is a difference between banning and suspending. And, it's entirely consistent with the way I treat every poster. Thinman was recently given the same suspension for regularly doing the same thing to jakethebake.

I didn't give the suspension because he told me to STFU. I did it because he has been regularly trolling OOT with STFU posts directed at me. The most recent one made about half a dozen in the past week or so.

It was entirely justified.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 AM

"stfu, your attempt at a witty comeback blew about as abad as a poor crack whore suckig dick for money."

Jason's behvior was worse than TSC's? Why can't you just admit that you moderate on a clique-based basis? We all do it in some regards (giving titles, color changes, etc), but banning/suspending based on who you like and don't like is absurd.

I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you never saw TSC's post until now. So go ahead and suspend him, ok?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinman was recently given the same suspension for regularly doing the same thing to jakethebake.

[/ QUOTE ]

From an IM conversation with jason_t:

[02:10] jason_t: the thinman/jakethebake thing was completely different
[02:11] jason_t: other posters pointed out that thinman was being a douche to jakethebake
[02:11] jason_t: taking it much further than just a simple disagreement
[02:11] jason_t: but actually being hostile
[02:11] jason_t: katyseagull and many others asked thinman in the forum wtf is problem in and he responded like a jackass
[02:11] jason_t: it was a really different situation

I am less familiar with the Thinman incident than either of you. If what he says is true than I'm inclined to agree with his conclusion.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has been regularly trolling OOT with STFU posts directed at me

[/ QUOTE ]
I just did a search and found 4 times he's said it in the last month. Considering I've gone out of my way twice in that same time span to post in a forum a rarely open about poor moderation on your part in a forum a rarely read, I have a hard time finding a lot of fault in his opinions--even if they may not have been presented in the most cognitive manner.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:44 PM

I can barely read OOT anymore but I do know that thinman is able to troll. AngryCola disagree's with me but I can find dozens of posts where he intentionally twists my words just to piss me off. How people do not see what he is doing baffles me.

As far as jason_t's bannings:
This one is a really lame post by jason

This is another

I wouldn't of banned him myself but whatever. Those two posts contribute nothing IMO. On the other hand banning jason after he told you to shut the [censored] up after insulting journey was a very bad move. Now him telling you to STFU after asking a question is a totally different situation. You made a bad move IMO Dynasty.

Also, he's only told you to STFU like 4 times and only 2 of which are out of line by being completely random. He's very far from the worst thing in OOT. Posters should be able to insult mods IMO. This is not the army.

I can understand why Evan would want TSC banned but I think there is nothing wrong with Patricks post for the same reason why jason_t's most recent STFU is ok. Then again that probably wasn't the point he was trying to make.

My vote is jason_t shouldn't of been banned and it wasn't very justified. There are far far far easier targets.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do know that thinman is able to troll. AngryCola disagree's with me but I can find dozens of posts where he intentionally twists my words just to piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but I never said that he didn't troll your posts. In fact, I completely agree about him coming after you all the time. It's almost like Voltron and my posts. That guy loves to come after me, but I've never felt a need to recommend a ban or anything like that.

My only point was that Thinman didn't seem to be trolling in every post he made. There were some people he did go after (like you), but on the whole his behavior wasn't overt enough to warrant a ban or suspension. However, I have not been keeping up with his posts nearly as much as I was at the time I originally said all of this. If something's changed since then, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, he's only told you to STFU like 4 times...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to know, he's done it more than a dozen times. He's making a point of trolling some of my posts now because he thinks he'll be backed up by other mods like Commodus.

jason_t's initial suspension should have stood. It's an extremely bad practice for mods to overule another mod's suspension in this way.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's an extremely bad practice for mods to overule another mod's suspension in this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

As we all know, this is a statement of opinion; not of fact.

For what little it's worth, I don't think that it's bad practice for a mod to overrule another mod in this way, and I hereby give my "permission", (even though, by definition, I don't think I need to), for any mod to delete or amend anything I post, and to reverse any decision I make, if the obvious general consensus of opinion is that I have made a mistake.

Although I am proud within myself to be a mod, I try to keep the actuality of the position in proper perspective and remember that I should merely be carrying out basic cleaning duties in an easily duplicatable way that so would any other reasonable person.

As the Great Mat Himself wrote in another post, we are supposed to enjoy our role, and if it becomes a chore or if it creates discontentment then perhaps we should decide not to remain in the position.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 AM

I'm not gonna get in the middle of the whole jason_t thing, but I did want to comment on Mike's comments.

Mike there was one time a few days ago you (properly) banned one of my ML guys. He broke a clearly posted rule, but he was/is a good ML poster. He did a stupid thing, but I knew him well enough to know that even being banned from 2p2 for a few hours was plenty punishment/lesson learning for him. Now, I went to you and asked if it was okay to remove the ban, and you acted in a reasonable manner that respected my judgement. I appreciated that.

I think this is how we mods should interact with each other. I feel pretty strongly we should not be going over each other's heads. We try to should respect each other, and act in ways that reflect that. (That assumes we are making good decisions though. Again, I'm not trying to involve myself in a direct discussion of the original topic.)