Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 07:22 AM

Default AQ early morning shenanigans

Tail end of a five thousand hand session. Im not happy about any of this.

Assume typical 3-6 opponents.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between UTG+2, Hero, Button and BB.</font>

peace

john nickle
Old 12-02-2004, 07:24 AM

Default Re: AQ early morning shenanigans

booooooo. Value bet river. But you knew that.

5k hands is sick. Get some sleep dude.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:28 AM

Preflop: fine
Flop: fine
Turn: hmm, you have plenty of odds to call closing the action with gutshot/overcards...

River:i would bet, the button could be on a full steal and your pair of Q most likely has him beat even if he did have a pair, but if you check the Q might scare him into checking through with a pair...
Old 12-02-2004, 07:30 AM

Looks fine until the river. What's your thinking on not betting? Check-raise? Or did you actually think your top pair suddenly wasn't good? I assume you were staying in for A,K, and Q outs. You hit one. Bet it. (Or check-raise, if you think button will bet again).
Old 12-02-2004, 07:39 AM

yeah, as soon as i checked instead of bet, i started uncheck the auto post blinds option. My instant though on the river was "im losing to two pair, or i wont get called" and then knew i forgot to add in "by any of the THREE players im against." it is definitly time for sleep.

peace

john nickle
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tail end of a five thousand hand session.

[/ QUOTE ]

session or day?

yeah you definately missed a bet on the end, but its not that terrible. if it wasnt for the fact that youve played so many friggin hands, this mistake shouldnt be cause for ending the session.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:01 PM

That session was my day. I had promised myself 60K hands this month before i went to bed the day before, and I was slow getting started after waking up at like 400 pm. Then i was waiting for all the results in the november challenge so i could post results, and send toman8r his avatar. Then i finally got started around six or so. I felt lazy so i played 8 tables till after 630 am, with a cut to six fror about thirty minutes so i could eat some pizza, and then a cut to five for however long the 2+2 table was going on. I went and picked on some youngsters. It was fun, but near the end i was making lots of silly .5-1BB mistakes, like calling instead of folding, or raising. Just taking the second best action. I think twelve hours might be my new threshold i have to break...

also, i see now why lcd's come so recommended. My eyes were literally bleeding out of my skull. 2001's will be ordered within the next three weeks.

peace

john nickle