Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 12:45 AM

Default 1 card can beat me, two chasing...(noob)

I should have capped on the flop, though I don't think it would have forced anybody out.

Regardless, with two others chasing the flush on the turn and river, would you cap or call?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2(no read) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB(maniac) checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">maniac raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, no read calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">maniac bets</font>, no read calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">maniac 3-bets</font>, no read calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, maniac calls, no read calls.

River: (20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">maniac raises</font>, no read calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">maniac caps</font>, no read calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qd 7h (flush, ace high).
maniac has 7c Ac (two pair, aces and sevens).
no read has 2h Kd (flush, ace high).
Outcome: no read wins 32 BB. </font>
Old 06-23-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: 1 card can beat me, two chasing...(noob)

i'd probally fold preflop. Q7o doesn't particuarly apeal to me being out of position for the rest of the hand.
I'd probally 3-bet the flop with an equity edge and the rest of the field trapped behind me.

I like the rest if he's as maniacal as your read suggests.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:07 AM

Why on earth would you continue to raise him without the nuts? I think about the time you cap the turn and he leads the flop its totally obvious he has the King...
Old 06-23-2005, 01:11 AM

Do maniac and no-read know each other? Maniac was certainly being no-read's best friend.

On the flop the reason to raise is not to force people out, but for value. That's about as good a flop as you could get with your hand.

BTW, what were you hoping for when you called pf? If you can't answer that question with something rational (e.g. Q77 is not a good answer), then fold.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you continue to raise him without the nuts? I think about the time you cap the turn and he leads the flop its totally obvious he has the King...

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised because the guy's a maniac. The maniac didn't have the King.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:20 AM

I've never played .02/0.04, but I fold preflop. I didn't look at the results, but I'm probably not even capping the turn let alone the river. Your read was a maniac, not never-has-had-the-king-of-diamnods-in-his-life.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your read was a maniac, not never-has-had-the-king-of-diamnods-in-his-life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a guy with exactly that note. Go figure.

-Jaran
Old 06-23-2005, 01:36 AM

I hadn't noticed the PF weirdness before I posted. That's kind of embarrassing. I guess I was in because it was .02/.04, loose, and I was thinking in terms of .01 instead of 1/2 SB.

Post-flop, I just thought, with exactly one card in the deck that can beat me and the type of stakes where someone would easily be there w/ a J or T, I had to push it.

But I sense that an experienced player at higher stakes wouldn't be there, vulnerable to 2 or more diamonds, after a three-bet on the turn.

Although note that the one holding the nuts never raised when she had the opportunity. Both of our betting patterns were more appropriate to the other's cards.

Just more fun news from the world of .02/.04.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your read was a maniac, not never-has-had-the-king-of-diamnods-in-his-life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a guy with exactly that note. Go figure.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

mine is never with the K of spades, they are pretty common players if look pay close enough attention
Old 06-23-2005, 01:46 AM

I find Never-Has-The-King-Of-Spades to be a tad looser and a bit more aggressive than Never-Has-The-King-Of-Diamonds.