Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Scotty/Daniel\'s plays on yesterday on WPT

Is it me, or are their efforts to grandstand for the cameras causing them to make stupid plays?

I'm specifically referring to Daniel's re-raise with TT when Mizrachi had KK (he must have known he was either 50/50 or dominated, why not just see a flop -- still, debatable move) and Scotty's all-in calls with garbage.

Also, I thought that the kid last night played brilliantly and very much deserved to win. Seemed like he was the only level-headed player at the table, removed from the bluster of the moment. Although, I'm surprised that Chiao didn't pick up on the tell at the river. Kid went for his chips with a raise, then decided all-in. That is classic tell of having nuts.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Scotty/Daniel\'s plays on yesterday on WPT

come on now.

folded to the small blind in a 6-handed game, with significant blinds, at the end of a tournamnet.

doesn't that seem like a spot for a steal raise in the SB?

wouldn't the big blind know that it is a spot for a steal raise from the SB?

if you're the small blind, and you know the big blind knows that its an ideal spot for a steal raise, and you've actually got pocket tens... do you really think you're dominated?

reraise.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:02 PM

Are you sure it was a small blind bb situtation? I thought i remebred danny raisng early position and whats his name out in the field. I could be worng but i dont remembr it like that. And either way danny should know the kid is looking to move up spots and that at best he has 2 overs and at worst danny's in big trouble. I'm not saying i wouldnt have made the call, as i dont know the blinds at time and how much he had to call. But it certainly is a situation where danny should worry he is dominated. Only hands he likkse to see is 88 or 99's. Thats if he would make the play with those hands. Everything else is a coinflip or much worse!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:10 PM

i am 100% sure it was SB vs. BB on the 1010 vs KK hand.

the hand was played fine by both players.

the tell on the last hand was pretty obvious however.