Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Clarkmeister?

Except I have a baby flush so it's not really. Villian was overagressive preflop not too donkish from what I'd seen postflop but we didn't sit together for that long.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero??

Krishan
Old 05-01-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Clarkmeister?

I like to 3-bet preflop here sometimes.

I spent 5 minutes trying to justify my river bet instincts...but given his flop check I don't think you'll get paid by many worse hands - the only one would be a 4, and that means you'll have to call a river raise....and you are going to get popped by big clubs that took the free card on the flop.

Surf
Old 05-01-2005, 06:49 PM

i check call. Villan could have a monster since he raised preflop and then checked the flop. You don't want to be bluffed off a better hand here.
On the other hand it would certainly look like you don't have a club if he also has nothing given the action, and he might bet a hand with no club to push you of a weak pair.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:29 PM

This is an easy check-call on the river. If you bet and get raised you must fold.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an easy check-call on the river. If you bet and get raised you must fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree. Anyone else chime in?

Krishan
Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 PM

I check-call the turn here. A flop check on this board by the player you describe is menacing. If he doesn't have anything, he will often give your 66 a free showdown on the river.

I bet the river for value.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian was overagressive preflop. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I 3-bet preflop just about every time. It's a tough flop though if you 3-bet it - I think you have to lead it but then what if you get raised? I would call down or reraise in all likelihood, I guess.

Since you played it this way, I think I check-call the river. It would suck to get bluff-raised, and it would be tough to get a call out of a hand that you beat, I think. If there was a hand that he could call a bet with, you probably would have heard something from him on previous streets.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:05 PM

agreed, I was expecting hero to get raised on the turn.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not too donkish from what I'd seen postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ, just from seeing this one hand. I think this river is tougher than most people are giving it credit for. It's really hard to put villain on a hand. I really wish you had 3bet pf tho, that would have made the rest easier imo. I guess I bet and fold to a raise. Bet-call and check call I don't think are too much worse off however.

-Mike
Old 05-01-2005, 09:18 PM

I 3 bet this preflop, like everytime

Im gunna be the only one, but im check folding the river. If he had a made hand, he bets this flop. (tho you'd think hed bet with any real club as well, or actually any 2 cards). Then his flat turn call. Hes either holding a big flopped flush hes playing poorly, or just trying to draw cheaply. Both of those beat you on the river. He also isnt calling this river with anything less than a flush. He was too scared to bet the flop with his pair because of 3 flush cards, but hes going to now call on the river when there are now 4? And I dont think you are inducing a bluff by checking, if he was going to bluff in this hand, he would have done it on the flop.