Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re-Evaluating my game...

Right, this isn't a vent or anything of that sort...

I would just like advice on what to do when on a downswing....I ran really good for the first 3 weeks of October, but since Fri 21st am running approx -7PTBB/100... I am down 7 buy-ins...which is 7% of my BR...

I'm in the process of clearing 2 bonuses....I'm 4-tabling but have gone up to 6-tabling 100NL (with 1 or 2 6max tables...)

My main leak is not being able to lay down a Set or AA/KK...Specifically these....They have cost me the majority of my money - And I guess I'm at a crossroads...How can I really know when to lay down...
My hands have not been hitting, AK missing, Low PP's not hitting, straights being beaten by flushes etc...

Should I go back to sites that I feel comfortable on and feel that I'm not grinding it out...I'm in the process of clearing $500 worth of bonuses....And feel that with a little bit of fortune with regards to my hands, I will be running better again....

So mainly my question is, what advice would u give to someone on a downswing....?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Re-Evaluating my game...

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/c.../sudy1005.html