Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 03:06 AM

Default How bad can a table full of bad players be?

Lately i've been thinking a lot about my relative position to other players at the table. can a table full of bad opponents actually be a bad table to play at?

for example, imagine a great group of opponents... 3 maniacs and 2 weak-tight passives. Now, put 2 maniacs on your immediate left and one on your right. the weak-tight players are across from you, so you can't steal their blinds, etc. You can't isolate the maniac on your right because one of the fools to your left will usually come along. if you wait for a huge hand to go to war, but one of the weak-tight players has entered the pot... how much confidence can you have?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: How bad can a table full of bad players be?

I think there is only so much you can worry about when trying to isolate players and seeing a type you don't want in the pot. In the end it all comes down to the cards so I wouldn't be worried if I went in with a strong hand and played a strong draw against a loose or weak passive.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: How bad can a table full of bad players be?

[ QUOTE ]
Lately i've been thinking a lot about my relative position to other players at the table. can a table full of bad opponents actually be a bad table to play at?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if you don't make the necessary adjustments.
If play this table the same way you play a "normal" table, you will get crushed. Isolate less, tighten up, overplay huge starters...the size of the pots you win will make up for all your marginal folds.