Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Turn spot - Canterbury 30/60

I'm running well, playing my A game (more often than not I screw around, but I'm playing pretty much A poker right now. Worm knows this), torchering the straddler, and have maybe been in one pot with worm33 (mike c) even though we've been playing like 6 hours when this hand came up. For those that don't know worm is probably the top player in the cb 30 game.

The straddler is a very loose very aggressive pre-flop player and so far I've 3 bet with A4o, k4o, q4o and won all 3 and he recently 8 bet me on a T62 2 spade flop with t9o vs my jacks. I've got him on tilt and up until this point people had been letting me isolate him liberally.

The only other hand that came up was the straddler raised in the hijack, I 3 bet QT on the button, worm33 4bet AJ out of the bb, we both called. Flop came QJ8. Action went bet, raise, I call, worm 3 bets, villain calls, I call. Turn 5 worm bets, villain raises, i fold, worm calls and says he's folding to any club on the river (1 club flop came running clubs), which comes and he check/folds. Villain showed QJs.

He stradles, 1 fold, I 3 bet A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 1 fold, worm33 4 bets (i put him on >77, >AJo, >ATs.

Folded to the straddler who I'm not sure if he capped cause he saw me with 6 chips in my hand or because he wanted to cap. Either way, he would def cap most broadway cards here. I call.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to worm who bets, villain raises, I call, worm 3 bets, villain 4 bets, i call, worm caps, we both call.

Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to worm who bets, villain calls. I had planned on check/raising, but I ran my brain in a circle and convinced myself to call. Eh?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Turn spot - Canterbury 30/60

what do you do if he 3bets your c'r on the turn?
Barron
Old 08-29-2005, 10:11 AM

Be unhappy and call down. But not that unhappy. He knows that I could do that with something like 88 trying to get him off a higher pair and could in turn be thinking the same thing so it's not quite as grim as you'd first think.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 AM

3 betting A4o, K4o, Q4o is "A" game?

I think you should go ahead and c/r that turn, especially in light of the way the QT hand went down.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Be unhappy and call down. But not that unhappy. He knows that I could do that with something like 88 trying to get him off a higher pair and could in turn be thinking the same thing so it's not quite as grim as you'd first think.

[/ QUOTE ]

then not c'ring is not as high ev as c'ring.

Barron
Old 08-29-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting A4o, K4o, Q4o is "A" game?

I think you should go ahead and c/r that turn, especially in light of the way the QT hand went down.

[/ QUOTE ]

q4 was out of the sb and the villain will raise any 2 there. I'm not saying any2 higher than 6, I really mean any 2 cards. Maybe it's a little loose, but there are a couple reasons. First I think my hand is at least of equal value to his, second, he is easy to read postflop and puts in way too many bets when it's clear he's beat, third he's not going to outplay me postflop like ever. I knwo where I'm at. forth I like playing hands. fifth this kind of stuff puts people on tilt and then they play even worse. sixth there is some dead money in the bb and he's a tight player and going away usually.

The k4hand was on the button and he was CO. pretty much the same reasons. A4 hijack/button.

He's raising with [censored] like j7s in ep. The table is letting me get away with it. I'm gonna iso all day.

People get too cought up in the "unnimaginitive tight 2+2 pre-flop strategies." Sometimes you have to think outside the box a little.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 AM

Good post. Better game.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 AM

so when u are calling with all this flop action does he not give you much credit?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:46 PM

given your description of you and worm's play based on eachother and hand ranges, how are you not CRing that turn if he'll pay off with lots of weaker hands?

-fsuplayer, out of my element
Old 08-29-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given your description of you and worm's play based on eachother and hand ranges, how are you not CRing that turn if he'll pay off with lots of weaker hands?

-fsuplayer, out of my element

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. I didn't feel that he would pay off weaker hands. At least at the time, that's why i called. I ran myself in a circle on this one and decided to call and bet most rivers, hoping to get paid with those weaker holdings. I think the right play is probably to get those weaker holdings to fold on the turn because most of them are getting odds to see the river and i may as well get more money on it and if he folds it's a victory cause the pot is so big.