Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Default KK in \"trouble\" preflop

Just sat down at table, so no reads. Villain is 11.5/4.3, so pretty tight. My problem here is how to get villain to make a mistake. His reraise is huge, so I really suspect he has got the goods. Is there any way I can find out without losing my stack? If he hasn't got AA, how can I get him to make a mistake with QQ without making me have to guess on the flop? He will probably fold anything but AA/KK to a reraise on my part, but only calling makes me have to pretty much guess where I am on the flop. How would you play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$100) <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $17.00</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font> Hero??.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: KK in \"trouble\" preflop

I'm not a fan of letting this go, he could have AK, QQ, JJ. Who knows? Just call and see what his move is on the flop.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: KK in \"trouble\" preflop

Calling with the intention of checking the flop and moving all-in when he bets? That probably makes me lose my entire stack to AA, but maybe thats somethinig that is acceptable in this spot? At least I will make some money of QQ and worse, even if I don't stack em.