Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 07:48 AM

Default New to SnG, some questions

I played low-limit cashgames before, now im trying to switch to SnG. I started with a few 5+1, read somewhere here that the rake is through the roof and now im playing 10+1. Now to the questions:
1) Is $/h higher than in cashgames (same skill)? To what limit can 10+1 be compared to, playerskill wise (if that's possible)?
2) I can't import Party tournament summaries in PT; i import them via my inbox, everything seems ok, but when i import games or browse my imported games i get a message, that summaries are missing. Am i stupid or is this a known error? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
3) What rake-back deals are offered for SnGs, if any? I read somewhere that it's different to normal rake-back. What sites are recommended to read for rake-back?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: New to SnG, some questions

1) You suffer lower variance in SNGs compared to Limit holdem ring even though it doesn't feel like it, so if you are equally skilled in each, you will win more at the SNGs.
Be aware that you will not be equally skilled in each one way or the other. They are very different games.

$10+1 = 1/2 limit or .1/.25 NL

2) Possible you're stupid. They work for me and I use email too. You MUST have the summary at the end of the tourney that it asks if you want.
Try making sure your patches are up to date and email pat. His support is very good.
Also try forums at pokertracker.

3) I believe rakeback is the same for SNGs. Party is in the process of finally stopping rakeback however so you might want to wait for a week or two to see which rakeback sites shutdown and which work around having only one tracker for all of their players.
Do not discuss individual sites here, you will get very told off. Peruse the classified adverts, do some research and make your own decision.

If you discover any rakeback site through spam, I would strongly recommend not using them.

I don't actually get rakeback myself, so I won't be worth PMing for more information.

Lori
Old 04-25-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: New to SnG, some questions

1) I'm new to SnG's and have just messed around with the 6's to learn - they are easier than .5/1 ring games I think, and much easier than 1/2 ring.

2) In PT under the file menu there is a place where you can manually enter tournament summaries for party tourney's. You may need to use this - it will ask you the type of tournament, number of tables and fees - pretty simple. Also, make sure you are looking at the tournament stats - trophy icon and not the ring game stats

3) I am also a no rake-back person - I don't want to bother opening accounts on other sites - also why I play the 5/1's to learn instead of 5/.5s elsewhere.

Hope this is helpful