Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Party $109 Final Table Hand

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (8 handed) converter

MP2 (t65369)
CO (t23475)
Button (t41708)
SB (t20324)
Hero (t23872)
UTG (t16880)
UTG+1 (t74149)
MP1 (t44223)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t6000</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

<font color="black">Here's the deal. Right now I'm a mid-stack ahead of a couple of others. The prize money goes up quite a bit for every place. I haven't played a lot of hands when this one comes up.

It's folded to the button who raises. He's been pretty aggressive and I think I have the best hand or at worst a coin flip. By pushing, he's committing more than half his stack and getting 1.8 to 1 to call. I have historically thought that was small enough to get marginal hands to fold, and therefore pushed, but have been questioning that lately.

So, what's the best move - push or stop and go. If I push, I might get called by a dominated Ace. Or I might get called by a small pair that beats my unimproved hand. If I utilize a stop and go, I might give him a free card that outdraws me (if he were on a complete steal with something like K2). I might not get all of the chips from Ax unless he connects. But I might get a small or medium pair to fold if the board is scary enough.

Thoughts?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Party $109 Final Table Hand

I generally like a push here. If he's aggresive then there are a lot of trash type hands that he folds to a push. You don't want to give those hands a chance to catch up. You would much rather win the pot now against K2/108/43. than see a flop.