Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 AM

Default hypnosis vs. tilt?

My name is vanHelsing and I am prone to tilt.

Usually it starts with a couple of bad beats, which won't let me completely tilt, but play more aggressive. While aggressiveness is a good thing to apply in Poker, this aggressiveness doesn't come from my brain, it comes from my heart, ergo my emotions affect my game. After I lost another stack, usually with something like overplayed overpair, it comes to full monster tilt. Making a donk play, does affect my mind even more than just a series of bad beats. At this point I 90% stop playing and will have a bad day or I'll chose the 10% option and keep burning even more money.

I have studied this forum, read the tilt related books, I have posted here, i followed the advice - nothing helps.
This hasn't been a major problems at lower stakes, as opponents were just too bad to give me a losing week or so.

As I move up, the higher the variance gets due to better, more aggro opponents, the more I am in danger of tilting. This nullifies a good portion of the edge I have, even at the higher limits.

Still I am a solidly winning player, but I won't be able to make it to the higher stakes with this handicap.

Now I am really thinking of getting help by a medical hypnotist, as last way out of this disaster.
Has anyone any experience with hypnosis to get a grip on emotional problems?
Thanks in advance.