Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Pocket 10\'s on the button

Okay, gonna try typing this out manually, we'll see how it works... 8 players sitting in. Only my 4th hand since I sat down, so I don't really have any reads, but view flop percentage is near 60%, so I'm guessing a lot of weak players.

Here is on the button, Dealt to Hero T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop play

UTG Calls, UTG +1 Calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB raises, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero Caps, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG +1 calls.

FLOP

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB Checks, BB Checks ,UTG checks, UTG +1 bets, Hero Calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds

TURN

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, UTG +1 checks, Hero Checks

RIVER

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero folds, SB folds, BB raises, UTG+1 caps.

Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Pocket 10\'s on the button

I'm not capping this pre-flop, although it may be useful for value. Nobody's going away.

flop: that pot must be pretty dang big, at least 5x4 or at least 20SB. wow. This is like basically big enough to call to hit your 2-outer. And you may already be ahead (unlikely!).
turn: (~12 BB) nice...
river: 7:1 to call with a hand that's likely beat, so good fold. At least you got a free river card [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 PM

I'm not sure I like the pre-flop cap? Even if you're not already behind to an over pair, almost certainly several overcards to your 10's are out meaning you're behind to any over card on the board unless you hit a set. I think I would just call the 3-bet and not cap it.

You need to find a set in that flop and when you don't get it and an ace falls I really think you have to let it go right there. With the ginormous pot pre-flop you might have the odds on your 2 outer to call one SB on the flop, but you aren't closing the action so it could be a lot more than just one if anyone check raises or 3-bets after you call.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 PM

Not bad formatting. I know it's a pain, but we appreciate it.

Preflop, I don't think I cap, though it's probably not bad.

The flop is tough because BB is still yet to act. I'm a bit afraid of a C/R, but we can probably still call for our 2-out draw getting 25:1.

Standard after that.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:24 PM

I'd cap the flop with that many people (I'm hoping for trips in this large of a field)

From Flop forward you will not be able to play aggressively enough with just TT. Your gonna need some help or you will very likely be behind.

I call the A just to see one more and the pot is huge.
Free card was lucky.. probably a missed check raise.

Then River fold it fine especially to a raise

So after all that ......... looks fine
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 PM

Just had a discussion the other day about the TT cap.

Capping TT

I think in the large field I got talked into capping. However, there were a couple of individuals supporting the fact that TT will stand up UI.

I'm fine with the cap but the TT will very likely need some help and against a flopped overcard your pretty much done.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:42 AM

preflop is fine.

i would fold this flop. you don't have the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and you're probably behind to an Ace somewhere in this field, so raising here is bad. so you're looking at 1 out.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Free card was lucky.. probably a missed check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was, UTG+1 had pocket 8's. Hit his set on the turn.