Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 12:23 AM

Default 4% Hands won over 1k Hands (LC) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Crimson
Old 10-01-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 4% Hands won over 1k Hands (LC)

Short handed play is inherently very swingy. However, a 200 BB swing in one night is really rough. I'm taking it as it was your first time playing the 1/2 SH. Probably not a good move to do 4 tables of it for the first time. Or to do it with only 250 BBs. Because of the higher variance in SH games, I would say 500 BBs is better. I'm a stickler for bankroll management though. If you have been winning consistently, go back to .5/1, improve, and then give 1/2 another shot, but only with a larger bankroll.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: 4% Hands won over 1k Hands (LC)

Drop down. Play less than 4 tables. Think about every single play you make. I don't think you should be playing 4 tables at micro-limits; I think you'd be much better served by spending the time you otherwise would have spent playing a couple extra tables on thinking through everything you do, and everything you might have done if a different card had fallen on the turn, a different action had been taken by Villain, etc. Just MHO.

Good luck!