Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Playing like a newbie helped me get the most ??

I have been raising quite liberally and picking up a lot of pots on the flop when checked to me. Normally i would raise the flop to leave my straight hidden if i hit it on the turn. but this time i decided to call his pathetic bet.

The question im wanting to ask is- is my pathetic raising on the turn and river viable to make money from fishy players??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (Villain) (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($30.95)
SB ($66)
BB (Villain)($69.59)
UTG ($28.36)
MP ($25.15)
Hero ($87.05)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB (Villain)/ calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($5.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, Villain calls $5.
Should i have made it like 15$ here? or slowed down a bit as i hit the OE straight flush draw.

River: ($25.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, Villain calls $25.

I actually put villain on a set of 10's here. Any ideas as to Villains hand anyone? Should i have pushed- i was afraid that may have scared him off.
Final Pot: $95.25
Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Playing like a newbie helped me get the most ??

I've been having good luck by just pushing against reraises. The reraise usually signifies a big hand, and people with big hands tend to play their hands and not look at the board. I would probably have pushed after he reraised on the turn, you'll get called here most of the time I think. All of the raising back and forth actually entices them to take a look at the board.

I did this a couple of times last night where I flopped two pair against an obvious over pair. Lead into him, he raises, I push, he calls, I stack him....works like a charm.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Playing like a newbie helped me get the most ??

[ QUOTE ]
I flopped two pair against an obvious over pair. Lead into him, he raises, I push, he calls, I stack him....works like a charm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a weapon every good player should have in their arsenal. NH, sir.