Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Live 3/5NL: pair+gutshot

both MP and CO are donkeys (clearly). Button is a good, tight and aggressive player. He knows what he's doing and also knows that I am good but play very lag and am capable of making big moves with draws, air or the nuts.

MP ($35)
CO ($41)
Button (~$450)
HERO in SB (covers) dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP limps, CO raises to $15, BUTTON calls, HERO calls, MP raises all in, CO calls $20, BUTTON calls $20, HERO calls $20.

FLOP ($140, dry side pot, 1 player all in) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

HERO checks, CO goes all in, BUTTON calls $16, HERO checkraises to $150. BUTTON immediately goes all in for ~$250 more.

I think for awhile and call.

I put him on 2 big hearts. I don't think he'd play a set or any kind of overpair this way.

Thoughts?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Live 3/5NL: pair+gutshot

preflop is horrible

so is the call. you are putting him on only hand you can beat wiht little evidence and when you do that, the money goes down the drain..
Old 10-07-2005, 05:17 PM

preflop police:
"folddddddddddd"
Old 10-07-2005, 05:41 PM

I'd make it like $22.75 straight on the flop.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:55 PM

Shouldn't be involved preflop.
Once you're there, just call the flop bet. You have two donks all in so even if you outplay the button out of the pot, you're not necessarily gaining anything as at least one of them is likely to have a hand you'll need to improve to beat.
Your C/R reeks wickedly and I'd take button's flat call then push to mean he wanted you to stick around and make a mistake. Just call the $16 now that you're here, peel one, and hope to improve. Fold if you don't and button fires.