Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Apparently It\'s Interesting

Online mid-limit XYZ.

EP limp, EP2 limps, I raise QQ black about MP2. button calls. First limper 3-bets. All call. I know EP is v. aggressive, at times crazy, but at the same time not necessarily a total fool.

Flop 864 two hearts. EP bets, EP2 raises, I call, button 3 bets, EP caps, EP2 calls, I fold.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Apparently It\'s Interesting

Based on your description of this guy and the overlay I like a PF cap. Should also define hands better to create more straightforward postflop action. Wouldn't say you did anything wrong though the way it was played.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:52 AM

Is it not reasonble that the v. aggro dude can be doing this with a huge range of hands? Like 99-JJ, AKs, AQs, A8, etc.

I wait for the turn to make a fold if I notice that the aggression does not die down. Perhaps I am throwing away money there.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:00 AM

My initial response was - why the hell did schneids not 3 bet the flop?

I see that by just calling 2 you save yourself from having to commit to calling the cap. (i.e. if you 3 bet and EP caps, it would be silly to fold)

You put EP on at least KK, AA or AK AQ hearts?

You also expect too much action on turn and river for your queens?
(i.e. it would be real easy to want to show this down with no K or A or hearts falling for 2 more bets)
Old 03-23-2005, 11:18 AM

I don't see any other way to play it. I particularly like the cold-call on the flop....on my not-so-fresh days, I usually F things like that up and 3-bet.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online mid-limit XYZ.

EP limp, EP2 limps, I raise QQ black about MP2. button calls. First limper 3-bets. All call. I know EP is v. aggressive, at times crazy, but at the same time not necessarily a total fool.

Flop 864 two hearts. EP bets, EP2 raises, I call, button 3 bets, EP caps, EP2 calls, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to 3bet this flop. You (?!?!?) turned into a calling station here and got bullied out.

The good news is, EP probably has AhKh on his pimp re-raise (or worse for you AA) and is a 2:1ish dog to make it by the river, so he is pumping like a maniac. Button cold calls two PF and now 3-bets this flop, smells like a set.

So, you actually saved a bet by being a CS...if you 3-bet, button would have probably capped his set and even calling 3 cold is concerning.

I read it last night and I read it this morning, and I still think the fold is OK. Alot of action on a draw heavy board...and you have no redraw. You could very well be crushed right now and you only have 1 clean out, and if you aren't crushed...you aren't really a favorite at all.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 AM

You have so, so underrepresented your hand at this point that I don't think folding is reasonable.

Cap preflop.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see that by just calling 2 you save yourself from having to commit to calling the cap. (i.e. if you 3 bet and EP caps, it would be silly to fold)

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't think he is committed to calling the cap if button calls 3 cold...he is drawing to 1 out there IMO. By cold calling 2, he saves 1SB but he puts himself in a state of doubt here wondering if his fold was correct and he just got bullied out of the pot with a solid overpair.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Played perfectly.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still don't think he is committed to calling the cap if button calls 3 cold...he is drawing to 1 out there IMO. By cold calling 2, he saves 1SB but he puts himself in a state of doubt here wondering if his fold was correct and he just got bullied out of the pot with a solid overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If I 3-bet the flop and button cold calls 3 cold I learn nothing more about his hand -- in fact, I learn less (not only his hand but everyone's, and with the less I know the more likely I have to showdown). He didn't 3 bet me PF so I already know I hold a higher pocket pair than him. I feel like I learn more by seeing if he 3-bets, since about the only hands he'll 3-bet are a set or a solid flush draw.

2) Are you telling me if I 3-bet I can fold for one more SB when this pot would be like 80-million bets? With implied action I can easily call the 4th SB then just to try to catch a likely 1-outer. Just cuz calling the 4th bet would be right though doesn't change the fact putting in bets 3 and 4 might be wrong.