Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Is the Backdoor open?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB is a solid player. very aggressive... when he bets the flop I figure him for at least TP. J7 isnīt impossible either. I peel one off as he usually checks turn if he only has an A weak kicker and several callers OOP .I am in a great position to take advantage of that.

when he makes that bet on the turn I figure him for 2-pair with a straight a distant possibility. i donīt have immediate odds to call but if i hit my flush i will get paid very good since he will have a very hard time folding his two pair.

Ny question is on all the streets actualy but the river is the one that I am most curious about. How much do you think i can bet here and expect to get called?

CO ($1006.1)
Hero ($452.1)
SB ($439.9)
BB ($1307.35)
UTG ($0)
MP ($202.2)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
MP calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($16) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $12, SB calls $12.

Turn: ($52) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $37</font>, Hero calls $37, SB folds.

River: ($126) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, BB calls $125.

Final Pot: $376
Old 06-26-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Is the Backdoor open?

I'd fold that flop.

The turn is a tough decision. Personally I'd fold to that bet, especially given that you're not drawing to the nut flush.

On the river I think you did fine. A slight overbet (125% pot) would have been tempting, but I think your pot-sized bet is good.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:57 PM

i don't like the preflop, flop, or turn calls. very fishy. nice suck-out though.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:13 PM

You'd have enough to take one off on the flop if your Q was an over to the board. As it is, your flop + turn calls are icky-loose. If you REALLY want to play that turn you should consider a semi-bluff raise dependent on read.