Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 05:06 AM

Default A quick one before bed

Commerce 20/40. 3 limpers to me in the CO and I raise AJo, Fish Daddy, for once, folds on the button, BB calls, and the rest call. 5 players, 10.5 SB pot.

Frop is 976 rainbow. BB, a chronic flop autobet, bets. He does this approximately 100% of the flops he sees, which is about 70% of the times he gets dealt cards. 2 callers and I call along.

7 BBs on the turn, which is a T. BB now checks, as per usual, and it's checked to a weakish, tightish player on my immediate right who bets. I call, BB calls, and so does the 4th player.

4 ways to the river for 11 BBs. River is a J. Checked again to Ms. Weakie to bets, I fold, the other two call.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: A quick one before bed

Why did you call the turn if you're not going to call when you catch the J? Would you have called if you hit the A?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:24 AM

Turn seems more like a fold given...

-8 on river may only get you a split.
-A on river may cost you another bet/or have you reverse dominated.
-weakish/tightish player bet what should have been a pretty scary turn card.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce 20/40. 3 limpers to me in the CO and I raise AJo, Fish Daddy, for once, folds on the button, BB calls, and the rest call. 5 players, 10.5 SB pot.

Frop is 976 rainbow. BB, a chronic flop autobet, bets. He does this approximately 100% of the flops he sees, which is about 70% of the times he gets dealt cards. 2 callers and I call along.

7 BBs on the turn, which is a T. BB now checks, as per usual, and it's checked to a weakish, tightish player on my immediate right who bets. I call, BB calls, and so does the 4th player.

4 ways to the river for 11 BBs. River is a J. Checked again to Ms. Weakie to bets, I fold, the other two call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

scrub
Old 03-21-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I'm way off, but I'd raise the flop for a freebie.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:58 AM

Weakie cant have a good 9 ?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:00 AM

he's drawing on the flop and the chances of it getting checked to him on the turn are pretty low. i think it's a pretty bad spot for a raise.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:13 PM

Board is 679T. A weakish tightie bets and, because you'd fold a J, you call with what may be a DOA 3 outer. There's 8.5 BB's in the pot, with maybe 2 more to come, and hopefully won't be raised behind you. Seems like a really bad call. Why bother?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Board is 679T. A weakish tightie bets and, because you'd fold a J, you call with what may be a DOA 3 outer. There's 8.5 BB's in the pot, with maybe 2 more to come, and hopefully won't be raised behind you. Seems like a really bad call. Why bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that Dave also has a gutshot and believes that his J will be good some of the time but will not be good if the player in question fires again in the face of an overcard.

I still think it sucks, but you're missing a lot of the reasoning involved in the hand.

scrub
Old 03-21-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Note that Dave also has a gutshot and believes that his J will be good some of the time but will not be good if the player in question fires again in the face of an overcard.

I still think it sucks, but you're missing a lot of the reasoning involved in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub,

where do you fold this, the flop or turn?

i think arguments can be made for both, and my first inclination was to fold the flop, but i may be too weak in these situations.