Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 10:53 AM

Default 1/2 semi-deep flopped 4th nuts

Action was at B&M

Reads: UTG is loose-agressive preflop, loose-passive postflop. Same for MP2. Both have made raises before the flop often and have either checked/folded or folded when bet to. Both lack flop play or any math/hand range assigning other than their own from what i can tell.

Hero: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (400)

action:
UTG raises to 10.(500)
MP1 calls 10.
MP2 calls 10. (650)
CO folds.
Button folds.
Hero calls 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in sb.(400)
BB calls.

Flop:
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot:50)

hero checks.
BB checks.
UTG leads 30.
MP1 folds.
MP2 thinks for a minute, then raises the 30 to 145.
hero tanks.

Based on players i can assume that UTG is not betting:
1. without the A
2. without added outs.

given his play on prior hands i feel its something along the lines of the A with a K or Q of hearts.

As for MP2:
ive been sitting with him at least 3 hours and he hasnt made a raise that big on a guy postflop once. this is why im in the tank.

i dont want to flat call and give donk on my left any more odds than needed just to have a heart fall on fourth and beit my fault i didnt protect a flush here costing me 145$.

i can only think that Mp2 has me beat or hes overplaying a set. his hand range really doesnt include Kx or Qx suited so i cant put him on anythere where i would have outs to my straight flush. granted if im beat im not getting odds to call 1 out as it is.

so i talk to him. ask him the bet size, if he has a set of 8s. no response at first.
i tell him its a pretty big bet from him, he must be pretty confident about his hand. he smiled and mumbled something along the lines of agreement.

MP1 calls time and i tell him im going to use all of it, thanks for calling. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

after the inquisition MP2 now only shines confidence from ear to ear. oh boy.

results to follow.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: 1/2 semi-deep flopped 4th nuts

why talk for? just call already....
Old 11-20-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: 1/2 semi-deep flopped 4th nuts

you really suggest flat calling against either of these players?

suppose i do because noone has it and now a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls on 4th, then i just wasted 145 dollars.

the options in my head are move in or fold. not call. flat calling bloats the pot and i cant protect anything that might have a set or pair/draw with these players. 255 from me on the turn if original raiser flat calls gives first action 255 to call 740. 3-1 assuming the turn doesnt make me want to muck my hand.

edit: K10 Q10 and KQ of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are all options, just not K6 etc. all of which i have no outs to (obv)