Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 PM

Default suited connector hits trips... resistance

Home game... $20NL, .25/50 blinds, 7-handed
Hero ($20ish)
Villain ($20ish)

Villain will play almost any 2 cards preflop, but is very tight post-flop. All in-pushes represent a big hand about 90% of the time.

Hero's table image is somewhat tight.

Hero is dealt: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in late position

Preflop:
3 limpers
Hero limps in w/ his suited connectors

Flop: ($2ish)
Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain leads for $2
2 folds
Hero raises to $8
Villain pushes all-in

Hero ???

I've got about 1/2 my stack in now (thanks to our lousy 40x BB format). My kicker is awful, and villain is a very honest player when it comes to pushes like this. I'm almost positive villain wouldn't push with something like 77,99,TT,JJ. Villain -will- occasionally limp with big pocket pairs to try to be tricky, however. He's an idiot.

With stack size, is this an instant-call?
2-pair isn't really an option. AQ maybe. AA,KK overpairs seem unlikely with the preflop action. QQ is even less likely.

<font color="green">I call here every time, but never feel good about it.</font>

Question 2:
ALSO, What about a flop like:

855 instead of Q55.... would you play this differently since villain is more likely to have 88?

Question 3 - Main Question!
How do you play this with deeper stacks, say $50-60 w/ a $20 buyin.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: suited connector hits trips... resistance

with only 40BB im calling this push.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with only 40BB im calling this push.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, deeper stacks, i probably lay it down unless i've seen him make this kind of move in a limped pot with a naked Q.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:42 PM

change homegame setup. If your going to play .25/.50 blinds buyin $50. If thats to expensive for you, make the blinds .10/.25 and buyn $25.

Yes call this push everytime, i think you will see Qx,AQ,KQ more often then you will see yourself dominated.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:15 PM

1. Call the all in bet. He "should have" raised to reduce the number of players with QQ, and he did not, so he's unlikely to have QQ. I think a bigger concern here is A,5, and now your kicker is not good.
2. With 855, I'd probably still call, because it could be a 67 hand he's betting. The 88 hand is not as likely to have raised preflop, so there is more uncertainty there. I'd still call.
3. The most I've played at is $100NL. Definitely its a more tricky game and they more often have the hand you least expect. I'd still call. lol