Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Dell 2001fp for Canadians

I believe this is as good as it gets.
Dell 2001fp
I ordered two...
FWIW I am the guy with 6 17" LCD's but my eye has healed (more or less) so it's time to 8 table again!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Dell 2001fp for Canadians

Thx. Not bad, but I think ebay is still the best option for us.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:21 PM

I can beat that.

If you are in any way affiliated with a school (post secondary in my case, but I think anyone works) - you can get one for $676+taxes.

Alternatively, if you live in T.O. go to factorydirect.ca and they have some BenQ models for $599.

Enjoy.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:27 PM

How does the BenQ compare in terms if quality?. I notice that it is refurbished and only has a 90 day warranty.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the BenQ compare in terms if quality?. I notice that it is refurbished and only has a 90 day warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had them for about a week now and am having some trouble with my video card (can't seem to push that resolution to 2 monitors). Aside from that (which I am in the process of fixing by buying a new card) I am very happy with these screens. They support portrait mode, have USB ports on the screen and have S-Video and Composite video connections. I originally bought 2 19 inch BenQ's from them and exchanged them after a solid 3 days of trying to fit 4 windows on each screen (who woulda thunk that 1 inch made that much difference???). The 19 inch ones also had a dead pixel on each. The 20 inch ones are clear with no dead pixels.

I would call them and ask if they have them in stock at your nearest location, drive down and get them to connect one so you can test it (I did and they don't mind this at all). If you like what you see, you can't beat this price (in Canada).

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 PM

You're right about the price. I've been shopping around for awhile and considered 19in as well, but I figure I might as well spend a bit more now rather than having to upgrade again when I get frustrated with the overlap. I'm playing on a 15in LCD now, and it's not pleasant.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:29 PM

I go to Western (UWO). Do I just call them up and say I go to school there and they give a lower price? Is it an academic discount of some kind?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to Western (UWO). Do I just call them up and say I go to school there and they give a lower price? Is it an academic discount of some kind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey,

I work at York. When I called I asked for the "educational discount" and was quoted that price - I was also told that I was eligible for the discounted price eben if I wasn't purchasing this monitor for work and that students were eligible as well.

I guess calling them and getting the details directly would be best. Note that they do charge a fee for shipping, but this is negotiable as well (I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them and they always waive the shipping charge if you ask nicely).