Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Is there a difference? My new game..

After seeing countless threads inquiring whether or not there is a difference between X buy-in STT's and Z buy-in STT's I've endeavoured on a little mission.

I play the turbos on Pokerstars. I can be found playing the $15+1, $25+2, or $55+5's. I generally 4-table.

What I do now is open up 1 $55, 1 $25, and 2 $15's. I try my best not to look at the usernames that are already register as I register. Then once they are all up and running I try to guess which game is which based on the play of the opponents. Over my small sample size so far I haven't noticed a difference.

I also thinks this helps me take the jump to the next level because I don't know which game is which so I just have to play my best rather than playing scared if I knew it was the $55+5. Not that I would play scared, but lots of people do at higher buy-ins, so you get the gist.

What do you think?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Is there a difference? My new game..

thats a great idea... would be interesting to look at the differences.

if the play, given a large sample size, is no better (say from 11-22 PP) then why the proscribed 5% ROI drop?

gg, great idea.