Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Stopping some possible leaks

Been running well, working up from the $10s to the $20s and I figured there is no better time to improve than when I am winning. I went through an entire tourney history for the "interesting" hands and wondered if I made the right possible play in a few spots. Thanks in advance.

1. Blinds 15/30. I haven't played a hand. Folded to me in MP with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Only ~14 hands into it. I raise to 125. Folded back to me.

Is my raise too much? I don't really want a flop multiway for sure, but even against one caller I need to be careful.

2. Blinds 25/50. Still only played the minimum of hands. Catch 88 in BB with stack of 1030. Shorter stack with 550 UTG+1 raises to 150. Folded to me. I push.

Too agressive? His range is probably any ace in this instance and I want a coinflip or even against a possibly worse hand here with the stack sizes, correct?

3. Blinds 100/200, down to five, I have 3000/8000 chips now, before posting. UTG with 1200 open pushes. In the SB, I have 44. BB has 2200 chips b4 posting, enough to dent me for sure. Both seem solid, UTG more so than than BB. Im getting 1500:1100, if the BB folds. Call, push, fold? All three crossed my mind.

4. Bubble time, Blinds 150/300. I have 4000 b4 posting, SB has 900. Others are waiting for SB to get knocked out and have even stacks. UTG and button fold. SB pushes for remaining 600. In BB I have Q9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 1200:600, easy call right?

Thanks again guys.