Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 04:39 PM

Default My first week multi-tabling - some observations...

Just thought I'd share some of the things I've learned in the last week or so, this being my first week multi-tabling online.

1) My newest lesson - if you've had a good session, and you feel yourself getting tired, just stop playing. It's okay to go to bed, even if you feel like you could wreck a table for another hour. Nothing feels worse than losing hard earned profit.

2) Fold your blinds a lot. Is this SOP? I don't know if it's just not worth playing an extra table with a medicore hand when I could be focusing on my other tables, but I find myself folding my blinds a lot more easily.

3) Listen to Opie and Anthony while you're playing. This really brings the stress levels down and keeps you're attention peaking.

4) Don't berate fish. Now I just don't have time, but sometimes I get the urge, and then realize that their money will be mine in the long run. Just don't say anything. Make 'em feel like their professionals.

5) When you're on four tables at a time, bad beats don't sting as much. You don't have time to care. Sometimes I don't even know if I won a hand or not (not often, but sometimes).

So this post kind of blew, but I guess I just wanted to write out a few observations for myself... In case you're wondering, my first week has gone pretty well. I started with a very, very short 2-4 roll ($400) and have built it into a sufficient 2-4 roll ($1465). At $1800, I move to 3-6, and so on. I used to play a lot of 10-20, but always severely short-rolled, so this is all about bankroll management. I'm going to stay at 3-6 for a few weeks, move up to 5-10, and ultimately stay at 10-20 for a while. Anyone know where the softest 10-20 tables are?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: My first week multi-tabling - some observations...

Glad to hear it's goin well.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:14 PM

With regards to #5, I've heard some people (ok, maybe it was just Mentor with his 20-tabling) say that once you close river action there is no need to see the results... interesting way of thinking about it.

Freakin
Old 04-20-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where the softest 10-20 tables are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody should say until you get the bankroll. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Looks like you're running pretty good. You're doing four tables?
Old 04-20-2005, 05:49 PM

Don't worry, I've learned my lesson. I used to throw $100 into an account, run it up a few hundred, move up levels, run up a few hundred, move up levels... I'd cash out $1000 and then lose my ass for the rest of it. I'll admit it, for the last week I've been having these awful delusions of my pathway to professionalism, but I think I'll keep the day job for a while... a long while...

To answer your question, I have been running pretty well. I'm four tabling 2-4 at poker room and have been doing better than expected. I've been playing for a while, so not exactly a noob. I'm thinking that I could beat 10-20, but am not sufficiently rolled...

So anyway, where are those soft games? I'll need to know....