Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 02:31 AM

Default In vegas tomorrow

will be in vegas tomorrow for 1 week armed with new layoff severence bankroll. wearing blue Illinois cap (go Illini!) [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] . If you happen to be at the Bellagio poker room say hi, it's nice to meet fellow 2+2'ers.

I'm not real happy about flying tomorrow as with the goings on in the middle east right now, but then, I like to gamble.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:37 PM

Default Go Illini!

I'll be there next Wednesday evening -- LHE tournament at Orleans is first stop, maybe Bellagio after.

Are you going to be around next Thursday for the (hopeful) Illini-KY game? I'll be watching at the Mirage.

I'll look for the I cap at Bellagio.

Good luck!

CMP
Old 03-27-2003, 08:27 PM

Default TRIP REPORT (short)

just got back from vegas, funniest story of trip and about the only one I remember:

5 of us (including prof. $30/$60 player who has scooped about $400 his way raising every other hand) are wasted an playing 1-4-8-8 at Luxor seriously irritating the other end of the table three of which are young newbies and one of wich we will call Lex, (shaved head and muscular, goofy looking, looked like Lex Luther)

(people at this table don't like it when you "raise" and they certainly don't like it when you occompany your raise with an yelp of "RAISE! muthaf*cka Raise! and then poke fun at their play and announce their probable holdings"

anyway, Lex at the other end of the table is waiting obviously for an opportunity to stick one of us for a big pot. The opportunity finally arrises when he's up against kelley, the $30/$60 player. He raises kelley on the river. My friend calls and Lex throws down his hand on the table and yells "you like apples?!! HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?!" and points to his cards.

..... ...... ... king high. oopsy, looks like Lex misread his hand. I almost threw up on the table I laughed so hard (seriously, tears were streaming down my face and i almost threw up) Kelley scoops a huge one with deuces.

some of the funny comments that immediately followed:

(dealer): "eight, nine, ten, jack, King."

(dooshbag): "it's a straight"

(dealer): "no it's not"

(my friend taylor): "one's missing"

(me):"read um and weep, boys, ALL RED!"
(yah, I know it's stolen from oceans eleven, but was topical)