Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:02 PM

Default big pot, river fold

PP $1/2 6 max

SB hasn't shown any excessive aggression.

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero raises
MP calls
SB calls
BB calls

(7 sb) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets. BB calls. Hero raises. MP calls. SB raises. BB folds. Hero caps. MP folds. SB calls

(8 bb)K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks. Hero bets. SB calls

(10 bb)9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks. Hero bets. SB raises. Hero folds.

I felt comfortable folding this as I had no reason to think that I was up against a LAG or a superstar. Still, the pot is enormous, and if folding is incorrect then the leak is one I can't afford to have. Looking back on it,though, I think villian caught a set on the river. Comments on all streets would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: big pot, river fold

[ QUOTE ]
Looking back on it,though, I think villian caught a set on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which means that you were behind the whole time anyways. I think that if your Villian is one that you can't bet/fold to then you should've been checking behind. And maybe you should be checking behind anyways on that board. After all every possible draw filled up by the river. I don't think there's much Villian can call with that you beat at that point.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:07 PM

a set on the river? Sure it is a possibility, but I would be thinking about straight and flushes and even two pair more.

Then again, I don't know 6 max too well. Post this one in HUSH forum.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And maybe you should be checking behind anyways on that board. After all every possible draw filled up by the river. I don't think there's much Villian can call with that you beat at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree especially since a King hit on the turn. river play is hard!

[ QUOTE ]
Post this one in HUSH forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was in HUSH. It doesn't matter. What is 6 max, but full ring where 4 people already folded? Glad you agree that the fold wasn't bad, though.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:26 PM

It's gotta be a flush. I'm thinking he had A5 diamonds. The call preflop would make sense. Plus the check call on the the turn would make sense as well as the flush and straight draw on the flop.

I think your raise on the flop is a mistake, it's too easily redrawn against or beat. But even worse is the aggression on the turn. The K didn't help you and most likely hurt you. I would have suspected the trap from the check on the turn after the extreme aggression on the flop.

Also, I would have check and called on the river. In this situation, I wouldn't care about showing how I misplayed the hand as much as I would care about seeing what the other guy was doing. You knew that you messed up, so just don't do it again and let him have useless information from the leak.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your raise on the flop is a mistake, it's too easily redrawn against or beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I have to thin out the field and/or charge the drawers? An argument can be made for calling the 3 bet and raising the turn, but to not raise at all would be insane.

[ QUOTE ]
But even worse is the aggression on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You advocate checking through a 3 diamond board when I don't have a diamond? I'd rather not let a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] beat me.

Betting the river was the big mistake here, as well as posting on the wrong forum. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] BTW, does anyone muck this river, had the villian donked rather than check raised? I think I probably would though I'd have felt icky without a read.