Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Just me or tighter this month?

I just can't seem to figure out what's happening. I've had months of being well into the green and this month I'm down 5 buy-ins. I don't feel I'm playing any different. I know this could be regular variance, but the tables just seem odd this month. Almost like people know what's coming...

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Just me or tighter this month?

i've noticed tighter play at the $200 tables. 24% or less VPIP w/6% PFR % is typical these days.

there are always a couple complete idiots to take money from, though.

as for this month, it started off horribly for me, losing 4 buy ins in one day. it has picked up significantly, though. up a little over 8 buy ins the last 2 days. not great, but better than losing your ass. still in the red this month w/ QQ and AKs to mention a couple.

cheers!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:09 AM

I had definitely been noticing this at the 100NL level. I'm having the same trouble this month as well, continuing from poor end of may as well. Don't know whats goin on.

But then just tonight i saw this
Old 06-15-2005, 03:13 PM

I'm running lower than usual for June, but I can't tell if it's because the tables are tighter.

I did notice that I've been hitting a lot of sets without getting paid off, which is part of variance (them not hitting a hand to pay off).

As far as overall tightness, I find it changes dramatically from one table to another, so I dance around until my head starts spinning.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:25 PM

The last ten days or so has been horrible for me as well. Could have something to do with college kids playing poker as a summer job. I dabbled with the thought as well, but I'm glad I got a normal job after the way "variance has treated me"/"I've been outplayed" the last week.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:27 PM

The tables are definitely much tighter at both $25 and $50 level.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Totally agree.

On another thread someone noted how it is interesting that a bunch of 2+2ers seem to all have hit lulls/downswings at the same time
Old 06-15-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Totally agree.

On another thread someone noted how it is interesting that a bunch of 2+2ers seem to all have hit lulls/downswings at the same time

[/ QUOTE ]

They're probably not as good as they think they are.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:42 PM

While I'm having one of the best months I've ever had at NL25, overall, the tables do seem to seem to be a bit tigher. I think I've been fortunate to find tables with one or two super fishes that I've been able to take lots of chips from.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:27 PM

Are we talking anywhere specifically? The party tables were easy as hell in the beginning of the June bonus, but towards the end when more people deposited they tightened up like crazy. The bonus actually seemed to attract people that didn't really like gambing/ playing poker. At each of my tables I'd have someone with a VPIP of literally 5% over 250 hands, or two nits buying in for 5 bucks and pushing pocket pairs to clear the bonus.

The amount of whores was unreal at the 25NL. There were your donks as usual attracted here by the bonus, but I'd be seeing the same people at many of my tables that were super aggressive.

Question on that: how do you react with a mediocre (1010 or JJ) holding when a maniac raised EP preflop and a decent and agro player reraised. Do you call and play position, or ram it back thinking the other player has a weaker holding and is trying to isolate the maniac, or fold thinking villain 2 has an overpair? I was frequently torn here, and folded to a $10 PF reraise or something like that a few times with JJ to see the decent player show an AQs and villain busting with A7os.