Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 12:53 AM

Default KQo UTG, retard in the SB raises allin

Here's quick value raising question:

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] under the gun and raise. THe table is decent except for 2 retards.

Retard #1 coldcalls in MP1. He is 50% VPIP, less than 1 PFA, and could have pretty much anything
Retard #2 reraises allin from the SB. He is 70% VPIP, and his raise means that he was dealt 2 cards.

Judging just from the info above, I think a 3-bet is a no-brainer, HOWEVER - one of the leaks I am working on is playing overcards in a multiway pot. I raised thinking to myself, "I am going to outplay these guys postflop."

Knowing my weakness here, who's going to 3-bet? Keeping the pot relatively small and focing errors is now out of the question. Who's 3-betting?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: KQo UTG, retard in the SB raises allin

There are a lot of players with extremely high vpip that only raise 3% of the time or less. Against these types of players, 3betting is bad because you are almost always dominated.

In this situation, its a little different. One guy is coldcalling, thats what the high vpip guys love to do, so your probably ahead of him. The other guy is raising all-in, which usually means he has a huge range of speculative crap and decided its time to get lucky. If the all-in guy likes to raise light anyways, then his range here included probably all 52 cards plus a few jokers. I think I probably would cap this hand a large portion of the time because I think I have an equity edge.

You have loose players, you don't need to keep the pot small to force them to make errors, they'll do it on their own.