Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 03:54 PM

Default UB jerks? Or am I the jerk?

So I switched to UB from Party a while ago and was pretty happy with them until this. I was playing a sng and MTT and had registered for a supersatellite at 7:30. 7:30 came and I wasn't seated. I tried and tried. By 7:35 I was getting mad. I had already sent them an email and started doing so every 5 minutes. I closed down and restarted UB no help. I sent them an email at about 7:55 saying to remove me form the tournament. At 8:03 I was finally seated and down to just under 1100 (this was a turbo). I went all in on the first hand (KQ- hit 2 pair too but lost to a str8) because I had no desire to play this tourney (In retrospect I should have played it out or sat out). At 8:07 I got the first email saying to close and restart the program and that should fix the problem (nice timely response).
After several emails back and forth they said no, they wouldn't refund my money because they had no reports that anything was wrong with the tournament and it's probably at my end. Keep in mind that my sng and MTT were playing fine.
I took all of my money out of UB and am now playing at Party and Stars. The money wasn't a big deal but I was pretty pissed. Similar things have happened on other sites and they refunded me.
Am I way out there on this one or has anyone else had this happen?