Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:21 AM

Default OE Str8 Flush Draw - Too Passive??

Very little information on MP1 or MP3. Both are pretty passive preflop as well as post-flop. MP1 has about a VP$=28 over 30 hands or so and has raised just once with AQs from the small blind. He seems to fold to flop bets. MP3 has a VP$=35 with only one limp raise (where his KK beat my AQ [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) and he has been very lucky post flop so he hasn't been folding much over 60 hands or so. Since we will likely discuss the lack of a preflop raise on my part I will add that BB seems to be semi-loose preflop who almost always plays from the blinds cold calling with unsuited connecter and the like. He has been running well also and is not folding much post flop.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Okay let's get this over with. Like or hate the passive completion here??

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

This is probably close to a value bet if both call. I always lead if I am sure to call anyways so I bet. The raise from MP3 suprises me a little bit and I am thinking he has at least top pair but probably not a set (although that is possible as well).

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ?

I count 17 outs here and that doesn't include the 4 Jacks for obvious reasons. Should I discount the Queens and the as well fearing KQ?? So what is it 3-bet or just call?? Fire away. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: OE Str8 Flush Draw - Too Passive??

completion preflop is fine.

flop bet is very good.

You could maybe discount Q outs to 1. Try an equity calculation here to see if you should continue to raise. Once you have done that, try an equity calculation on the flop, and see if you would play it differently if you had the chance.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 AM

You gotta jam that flop your equity is at least 55%(15 outs)compared to 37%(17 outs) on the turn. I think it is pretty clear which street you should be 3-betting.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 AM

If you have OE SF draw on the flop, you are the favorite (unless villain has a bigger flush draw) so you could 3-bet the flop.

On the turn you have a ton of outs but MP3 has raised you twice so he probably has at least a king and with only one card to come you are no longer the favorite. I would call the turn and reevaluate on the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:52 AM

yeah i 3-bet the flop, but i'm not donking that turn.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:30 AM

It looks like I should have 3-bet the flop and called the turn. In retrospect the unexpected raise from the fairly passive player froze me up on both streets and I just called both times.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:32 AM

Looks like I cost myself a (theoretical) buck? Correct?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like I should have 3-bet the flop and called the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Also, I wouldn't lead the turn; just c/c.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like I should have 3-bet the flop and called the turn. In retrospect the unexpected raise from the fairly passive player froze me up on both streets and I just called both times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have 3-bet the flop and led the turn. If MP3 capped the flop I would have checked the turn.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like I cost myself a (theoretical) buck? Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Assume you 3-bet the flop and both players call and you have 55% equity. $3.00 your share is 55% = $1.65 - $1.00 you put in so you cost yourself $.65 profit for every missed bet on the flop.

Edit i thought this was .5/1 fixed.