Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 PM

Default KQo caps it pre-flop

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

These are the reads I have using harv72b's auto-rate rules (I like these rules much better than the ones from the PT guide I have been using prior). The icons will change with more hands but so far this is what I have...
UTG is fish. UTG+1 is the warning sign. CO + Button are both rocks. BB is loose-aggressive/weak (smiley face)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

I usually limp with KQo but I have been working on raising my PFR and I think this is a good spot for a raise. My hand is probably the best and lets get more loot into the pot. The cold-call by the rocks was not good as they could have hands that are better than mine but they don't 3-bet with them (KQs/AJs or something of that type Im thinking). When the fish limp/3-bets I thought this would be a good opportunity to cap it and make it 2 more to the rocks and get them hopefully right out of the picture.

Flop: (17.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.
Pot is already big and I want to take it down. I bet hoping they would be scared of the Ace and fold. The fish folds and now Im left with only the BB who, according to the description on the auto-rate rules, could fold before showdown. His WTSD is only 33% but I need many more hands to be certain.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

I liked my bet when its checked to me. I have to give him the opportunity to fold.

River: (11.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Took one more shot at it and it worked out for a change as I took it down. Any thoughts on my pre-flop actions and my turn bet?

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: KQo caps it pre-flop

I'm glad you won the hand but I don't like it. You should have called that 3-bet PF. You forced players with better hands to fold here more than likely. Good, but don't count on it happening often.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:40 PM

I have never done it before and probably never will again any time soon. At the moment it seemed like it would work (cap pre-flop)
Old 10-23-2005, 12:36 AM

nice when it works out but the parlay of events required makes it a pretty low percentage shot usually not worth the spewage it costs when it doesn't.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:51 AM

Check behind on the river. You're only getting called if you're beaten, and better hands are rarely folding.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check behind on the river. You're only getting called if you're beaten, and better hands are rarely folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the turn/river bets are for value, and getting BB to fold was what hero was looking for.