Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Small Pokert Pair on Tough Flop

I had some time to kill at a friend's house so I fired up his laptop. No stats, and this was in my first orbit.

Button had played every hand and raised the turn 3 times to this point. BB just sat down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 14.75 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>
Old 12-12-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Small Pokert Pair on Tough Flop

Hi Preytar i toss this on the flop and wouldn't give it a second thought. Even the times you are ahead your equity is pretty low IMO and the pot is really small.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Preytar i toss this on the flop and wouldn't give it a second thought. Even the times you are ahead your equity is pretty low IMO and the pot is really small.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. You don't have the pot odds to call on this flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Fold on the flop, pot is too small to go against over cards and flush draws to catch 2 to 3.5 outs.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:12 PM

IMO you didn't take advantage of your pp - that is you didn't fold on the flop with a clean miss. DO NOT let the runner, runner suck-out influence your thinking.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM

If you think you are behind on the flop then you have to fold. If you think you may be ahead, then you have to raise. What was you thinking on teh flop?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:12 PM

*grunch*
PF is fine
On the flop we have a backdoor straight, backdoor flush, and sixes. 5 outs, maybe. 6.5:1 isn't good enough odds. I fold.

On the turn, I'm a little confused myself. I'm not sure how much to discount the straight outs, since half your outs complete a flush draw. (2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) I don't feel like we should fail to count them completely, because we can't assume someone has each flush draw. I count this as 8 outs (3 each for the ends of the straight, two more for the sixes) and I call as well.

River: Seems very straightfoward.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think you are behind on the flop then you have to fold. If you think you may be ahead, then you have to raise. What was you thinking on teh flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 PM

Either fold or raise on the flop, I think calling here is a big mistake. Seeing as how there are four other players in the hand, I would lean towards folding. It is unlikely you have the best hand, even if you do, you are vulnerable to over cards, and flush draws. Even hitting your set may be trouble, as the BB could easily just be drawing to an OESD.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:32 PM

First, this is not my standard play with a small pocket pair. Typically I fold and wait for the next hand, but here is my thinking on this one:

Flop: I may be ahead here. I have an overpair to the 3 &amp; 4, no one raised preflop so I am going to discount big pairs. I have at least one LAG behind me that will bet this, and if it's 2 bets back, I'll fold . Let's take one off for one bet and see what happens. Additionally, I have the backdoor draws.

Turn: I'm open-ended and still have overcards to 3/4 of the board. I know that the button will raise, he's done it every time he is in the hand on the turn. If anyone reraises, I'm folding.

River: I get lucky and hit my draw. I would check/fold if I had missed.