Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 02:42 AM

Default TT vs. a total spaz

villain here is like 45/25/3. Any other way to play this? Anyone find a raise or fold here?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
Old 12-04-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: TT vs. a total spaz

No other way to play it in my opinion. Some might say lead the flop or c/r. If you do that and he doesn't play back at you, it still doesn't mean that he isn't ahead with QQ or JJ so I like the line you took.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:55 AM

i think its fine... I may opt for the flop check raise, possibly folding to a 3 bet. In that spot you loose the least but also gain the least when he mucks it on the turn. i think its close.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:58 AM

I could see a bet/fold on the river if the guy wasn't such a LAG, but it looks like he'll bet it with anything so why risk a bluff raise.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:58 AM

I'd really like to bet the river. How would you feel about a river raise from him? If he'd easily raise you on the river with something like AJ, a bet call should be good.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to bet the river. How would you feel about a river raise from him? If he'd easily raise you on the river with something like AJ, a bet call should be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I kind of like this, but I think a read on that river raise would be good

I don't think any line that involves us folding anywhere should be considered
Old 12-04-2005, 04:29 AM

Sometimes I donk the river but I think c/cing is fine too agianst this guy.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think any line that involves us folding anywhere should be considered

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. IMO folding anywhere would be awful and I wouldn't take any line that requires a fold.

Against reasonable opponents in similar situations, I'd like being more aggressive earlier on for hand protection reasons; if we're ahead there's a pretty decent chance that Villain is drawing to 6 outs, so I'd like to get the bets in before those outs hit. Since Villain may not pay off on the river if his outs don't hit, my largest exploitable equity edge is earlier in the hand when he'll still pay to draw.

In this case, since I think we're both always getting to showdown, we might as well wait until the river where our equity edge will likely be highest (since usually he won't have hit his 6 outs). The big difference in this case is that (since Villain will likely still put bets in with worse hands) this edge will probably be exploitable.

In short, I like check-calling or bet-calling the river. I wouldn't fold anywhere.