Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Do I protect with a raise with a call station to my left?

3-6 hold'em I'm on the button with a A-7s. 3 players limp I call. (the blinds are call stations) The flop is A-9-2 with 2 spades. Small and big blind checks and a friend i know very well bets in middle position, co folds and I raise. The small blind cold callls, big blind folds, mp calls. At this point I'm pretty sure the small blind is on a flush draw and my friend has a an ace. The turn is the 7d. Small blind checks my friend bets into me and I raise, the small blind cold calls. This is where i'm confused there's 51 dollars in the pot when the small blind has to decide whether or not to call the turn bet, the pot is laying him the right price if he's drawing not to mention the last round of betting. But I knoe this player is unaware of pot odds and will call whether or not it's one or two bets. On this particular session I got sucked out all night. By the end off the session I almost convinced myself not to raise in this situation. My question is if I know he will call anyways I should still raise right? Unfortunately my fiend and I were holding the same hand the river brought a third spade, it was checked down and the small blind showed us 58s for the pot.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Do I protect with a raise with a call station to my left?

If he is calling regardless of odds, then there is no way to protect your hand. Therefore, you should try to get the most money in with the best hand. Yes, you should raise.