Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 01:54 PM

Default finding shorthanded limit games in vegas

I am heading to vegas next weekend and I was wondering on the availibilty of shorthanded limit games. I have been playing 5/10 6max on PP and am looking for something similar in the B&M. I know that 6 max tables are primarily an internet phenomenon, but was wondering if something similar could be found. Also a little while ago I was looking throught a thread about most players in the B&M hate when the game loses just a few people so I would imagine I would be more accustomed to playing shorthanded than a lot of the B&M players. The highest limit I would probably want to play would be 10/20.

I was thinking that possibly late at night would be the best time to find these types of games, with possibly a few drunk people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. One last consideration is the impact of the rake and how that will affect the profitability of such games.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: finding shorthanded limit games in vegas

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking that possibly late at night would be the best time to find these types of games

[/ QUOTE ]

if by late at night you mean about 10am then yes, this is when the games get shorthanded. you can find a lot of shorthanded tables and usually the floor will ask the table if they want to play shorthanded, but most of the time the table won't want to and the games will break.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:00 PM

If you do get into a game that is shorthanded and it doesn't look like anyone else will be joining soon, ask the floor for a reduced rake. You can often get the BBJ drop removed if nothing else.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do get into a game that is shorthanded and it doesn't look like anyone else will be joining soon, ask the floor for a reduced rake. You can often get the BBJ drop removed if nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

most vegas don't rooms don't have a bbj.