Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 11:18 PM

Default low buy-in mutli table

i enjoy playing the multi table tournaments on pokerstars with the buyins ranging from $1-$3 to the occasional $10 or $20. I try to follow most of the strategy everyone says for multi table tournaments, tight early on, only playing premium hands, but most of the time i find myself on the lower half of chip stack early on in the first hour or two and end up having to win a race to stay alive. And if I do happen to get lucky and get a big stack, should I sit on it or try and raise a lot and play bully? Does anybody else play these style tournaments and if so, what strategy do you implement to be successful? Thanks.

"Your born broke, you die broke, the rest is just flucuation."
Old 09-11-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: low buy-in mutli table

i play these all the time.. and theres 5 or 6 of us having a contest to see who can do best in them tonight... as for strategy.. these don't play like most other tournaments.. what i like to do is open push my premium hands early.. they get called by worse hands most of the time, once you get deep into them they play more like regular tournaments but still weak competition. Once you get a big stack don't be afraid to try and bully people, especially once you get into them money.. early on bullying wont work becacuse they call everything.. which is the reason for my early strategy.. i'll accept the times i'm in a racec early, because i get so many situations when i'm a 70/30 favorite to double/triple up early on.