Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Was it time to go? KJo on the Button

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter
MP3 is unfamiliar but involved in quite a few hands so far. CO is a LAG.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Was it time to go? KJo on the Button

I think it is a pretty good fold, CO is probably on a flush draw, and MP3 has an A, maybe drawing to the nut flush, so you have probably 3 outs. And that is if MP3 doesn't already have 2 pair with his ace. Your odds of coming out of that hand ahead are pretty slim and the pot is not that big.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:34 PM

With a bet and a call, I fold. With a bet and a fold, I probably call. With a check, then a bet, I probably fold. If it was a black ace instead of a red ace, I'd fold in either case.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:36 PM

I think that's too weak against an unknown player. He might think you are betting pretty light on the flop, since your on the button and action is checked to you. Raising the turn and take the free showdown is my preferred play.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:59 PM

If we count queens, jacks and kings as outs, then you have 9 outs here, giving you enough to continue.

Betting into a pre-flop raiser with an ace and king on the board makes it look to me like he really has something. Since he is loose, perhaps he just picked up a pair of aces to go with his A-Xo or something, but I think your outs are good here and you can call.

I don't know if you want to raise here, because you very well could be behind, and a loose guy aint' folding an ace once he pairs it.

Hope you got to see his hand.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:32 AM

i do hope this response was intended for a different thread.
either that....or i am very very confused.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:47 AM

A king gives him trips, a queen gives him a straight, and a jack gives him two pair. I don't see any real reason why these outs would not be good for our hero.

Am I missing something? I have been known to miss the obvious before. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OK, OK, I just saw it. Hero has no gutshot draw at all. God I am an idiot sometimes. Just ignore me. I do still think that the turn bettor really has a hand here, betting into the pre-flop raiser with and ace and king showing. So I think folding was OK here.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 AM

FWIW, I'd play this the same way. With a bet and a call on the turn, somebody's got the A and you don't have enough outs.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:26 AM

Umm. You said "bet into preflop raiser"... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Everybody limped!!

Its common for a lot of players to bet the turn like this if they picked up some extra outs like a flush draw. If I thought the turn better was even remotely tricky, I'd play on, but absent a read, a fold is a good guess, I mean play.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Any two can win (Results)

The river was the scary 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Both players checked it through.

MP3 won with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as a chorus of demons in my head screamed "They were soooted!". CO mucked the equally ridiculous Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Thanks for your opinions.