Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 11:03 PM

Default KK- Weak Played?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) converter

UTG ($21.95)
Button ($33.10)
SB ($9.50)
Hero ($15.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, Button calls $1.75, SB folds.

Turn: ($6.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, Button calls $1.75.

River: ($10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $11</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23

Easy fold in the river?
Or should i bet more in the turn?
If he pushes the turn, call?

Thx in advance

Edit: No reads on villain
Old 12-22-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: KK- Weak Played?

I think that you should def be potting the flop, any heart or Ace is a scare card for you, and you might even be giving odds for a gutshot to chase, meaning a 7 or a 9 might be a scare card if you bet this weakly.

I think that your turn bet is FAR too weak, either check (I personally wouldnt) or bet big, your bet lets you get scared out by players sensing weakness and you still let people draw to the flush for cheap.

Personally I think the river is a fold, but since you have played the hand so passively, he could e trying to push you out with little
Old 12-22-2005, 11:39 PM

Raise more preflop. You are out of position so you want to raise more and eliminate the number of callers, not sucker them in.
Flop, pot it. If there is a call i bet 1/2 pot on turn and fold to a raise. If he smoothcalls turn bet i would check the river regardless of whether the flush comes out. Call a small river bet if there is no flush, c/f otherwise. Your flop bet is also weak enough that a 6 is probably calling along and raising this river.

As played you should indeed fold.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 PM

Bet at least 2/3 pot on flop. Bet 2/3 on turn. If raised, get out. If he calls turn, I'd put in about a 1/2 size bet on river...and fold to a raise.

Betting small like that indicates weakness...you gotta bet enough to let him know that you got something...and then a raise is more legit. He may be bluffing against this small bet.