Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Another mistake with AQ?

2nd round of a PR 10+1. Up to this point, had only played two hands (called standard 3xBB bets and folded to a flop bet). Table was rather loose, with lots of pf limpers. No read on anyone in particular.

btw, is there something wrong with Bison's converter? I couldn't get it to work with this HH.

Seat 1: scpo79 ($1,620 in chips)
Seat 2: JayQzz ($740 in chips)
Seat 3: memoememo ($1,325 in chips)
Seat 4: Triple R1 ($1,500 in chips)
Seat 5: justajackoff ($770 in chips)
Seat 6: D Monet ($2,480 in chips)
Seat 7: pokerstud71 ($1,620 in chips)
Seat 8: g35gangsta ($1,770 in chips)
Seat 9: Marcotte [ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] ($1,295 in chips)
Seat 10: ROOTS ($1,880 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
ROOTS posts blind ($15), scpo79 posts blind ($30).

PRE-FLOP
4 folds, D Monet bets $175, 2 folds, Marcotte bets $350, 2 folds, D Monet bets $350, Marcotte calls $175.

FLOP [board cards 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
D Monet bets $650, Marcotte ???

Ok, so I think it was probably a mistake to raise PF, but given the reraise, do I lay it down right there? (What does a min reraise mean, given that I min raised?)

What do I do on the flop? I don't think he has a nine, but that doesn't mean I have the best hand. Results to follow.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Another mistake with AQ?

I would muck it...sounds like higher PP....course I'm tight/weak like that

I don't think your preflop reraise was a good idea with AQo either, I'd rather be 1st into pot with that hand.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I don't usually call a raise with AQos, but I think I was a little bit on tilt because of my weak tight play on earlier hands. I don't like to get involved so early in a SNG, but for some reason that AQ looked like a really good hand.

Results in white below:
<font color="white">
I folded to the flop bet, figuring there was a 90% chance I was behind and not even sure if my measly 6 outs were clean. Went on to finish second in the tourny.
</font>
Old 08-17-2004, 11:48 AM

1. Call or fold preflop
2. Fold after flop.

You had over 1200 chips and the blinds were only 15 / 30. So why again were you on tilt? This is EARLY days in this tourney. If you can't go 20 to 30 hands without winning a hand without getting antsy then you have a big leak in your game. (sorry for the double "without")

Regards
Old 08-17-2004, 12:36 PM

imo this is an easy preflop fold (to the first bet). what range of hands do you think he's raising with that AQo is ahead of?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had over 1200 chips and the blinds were only 15 / 30. So why again were you on tilt? This is EARLY days in this tourney. If you can't go 20 to 30 hands without winning a hand without getting antsy then you have a big leak in your game. (sorry for the double "without")

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, big leak here. I'm usually fairly patient, but when I see some of the hands people are playing it makes it hard to lay down AQ. It's a little easier in ring games, but in sngs I'm always worried that I won't see another (fairly) good hand in a while.

You're 100% right though. In this case it's so early I have plenty of time to wait for quality.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:52 PM

The minimum re-re-raise of a re-raise really smells like AA preflop, or whatever the current nuts is postflop.