Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 12:37 AM

Default 97 Aggression ok?

Just started playing 2/4. Need to know if this level of aggression is appropriate. No good reads yet, PT shows Villain as 25% VPIP 3% PFR over 32 hands.

Would you play this any differently? Am I too aggressive based on my recent time spent at 1/2 6 max?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Too loose of a call I presume?

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Is the C/R here ok? or should I just bet out. I put Villain on AK, AQ when he just called the C/R.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Picked up open ended kept betting.

River: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Thinking Bet/Fold at river.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Thanks - any pointers appreciated!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: 97 Aggression ok?

I play it the same
Old 10-03-2005, 12:47 AM

Preflop, turn, and river are great. I haven't made up my mind on the flop yet.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:53 AM

I'm just curious what we put villian on when we bet the river? Underpair to the 9's?

What is villian raising with here UTG that we beat when that K comes up? AJ, AQ, AT, 88-22 that doesn't connect to this board... we lose to everything else right?

Not saying betting river is incorrect just wondering if we can narrow down villian's possible hands.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious what we put villian on when we bet the river? Underpair to the 9's?

What is villian raising with here UTG that we beat when that K comes up? AJ, AQ, AT, 88-22 that doesn't connect to this board... we lose to everything else right?

Not saying betting river is incorrect just wondering if we can narrow down villian's possible hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty big range, considering the texture of the board. Hearts, various straight draws, middle pair with an ace...

I think I favor betting out on the flop.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:16 AM

I think you have a good point. I have seen ppl at the table calling down w/ AK, AQ, AJ. At the same time, villain is unlikely to have AA-QQ since he didn't play back at me.

I felt I had to bet because ppl at table tend to bet when checked to (unless I was planning a sexy on the river if a deuce came).

At any rate, what is consensus on the flop play?

If I bet, I'm as likely to be raised by AK, AQ, AJ as a high PP and I'm not likely to 3 bet.

Would a bet/call on flop and donk turn be a better line?

Thanks guys!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:19 AM

I really like the flop and turn, just not so sure about the river.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:26 AM

Everybody likes the pf call against an UTG+1 3% pfr? With a 1-gapper we're worse than 5:1 to hit a straight or flush draw here and our implied odds suck because even when we hit we're usually paying to draw.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:29 AM

damn dude i fold this pf although i do like having the aggressor to our immediate left.

flop i check call and lead a safe turn.

im more torn on the river wookie. id rather check call and get him to bluff at me with missed overs.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty big range, considering the texture of the board. Hearts, various straight draws, middle pair with an ace...

[/ QUOTE ]

But is he raising with Ax from UTG, or with any kind of straight draw that connects with this board?

I pokercalc'd with villian holding Sklansky's HPFAP group 1-4 hands in this situation and we're a dog...

Now, is this villian playing to those standards? More than like likely not. But it's something to consider yes?