Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 05:55 AM

Default My first hand history..

I played about 30 hands with the Button heads up before the table started to fill. He seemed pretty solid to me, except that he open limped on the button (my SB) quite a few times. While I like limping there sometimes with any playable hand (even the good ones), he seemed to be limping with hands like JT, 89, K9, and raising his good hands consistantly. Of course, we didn't see too many showdowns under those conditions, so my perception may be off. The reason why I called was that I could obviously hit the flop and also I would be able to take the pot off of him if he doesn't pair, as he had called me to the river many times only to fold (assuming ace high). The BB didn't play many hands at the table, so the only thing I can say is I hadn't seen him act retarded yet.

Button had earlier told me that I'm a good player and that is how I know he respects me, but after this hand he said, "That's the worst play you've made all night."

I've only played heads up a few times, so I appreciated his comment about my good play, but after he said the last line I felt like an ass.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 5h Kh (straight, eight high).
BB shows Ah As (one pair, aces).
Button shows Ac Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB. </font>
Old 08-31-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: My first hand history..

You played it fine. Preflop is close but it's worth resisting to see the flop. Flop is fine, you have to hang in there with 2 other players. Turn you now have a nice draw at the river to maybe 15 outs - I would be happy he thought I was an ass if getting friendly calls behind with their vulnerable hands was a generous donation not intended. You had open ended straight draw and flush draw... no problem. He was just sore he got rivered when in fact he was dribbling along in last place [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]