Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Hand converter FYI

Since no one has complained about the test version of the hand converter, I moved it to the normal link, which is listed in my profile.

I added two small changes to it: a) the link for the hand converted is placed in “2 + 2” formatted hands, and b) fixed a bug I found in a Party hand. If a player is shown in his seat but doesn’t post the ante, I was showing him on the river.

If anyone has captured the source and is running it from their hard drive, I would encourage you to get a fresh copy. However, I still think the best way to run the converter is to open the link using Internet Explorer. This way you’ll always get the latest version.

The latest and perhaps last change that I’m working on is to add the pot size to each street, but am not sure how long it will take.

If you have any problems, please be sure and let me know.

The following links have been retired:

7StudConverterV2.hta.txt

7StudConverter.V3TEST.hta.txt
Old 04-04-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Hand converter FYI

Call me stupid...but how the deuce does this thing work? I mean I have the script, but it's not in functional form!

Edit: 200th Post! WOOT!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:50 PM

What browser are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer or are willing to use it, the application should come up when you click the link.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:50 PM

Ah, that is the beef. I use Firefox. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:06 AM

Hi Greenage. I finally got the converter to work for my Party histories. I have the histories e-mailed and then I copy and paste to the converter. The converted history is displayed in text i.e. a heart is listed as 9 heart. How do I make the history display with the suits denoted as icons and in color?
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Greenage. I finally got the converter to work for my Party histories. I have the histories e-mailed and then I copy and paste to the converter. The converted history is displayed in text i.e. a heart is listed as 9 heart. How do I make the history display with the suits denoted as icons and in color?
Thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you convert the hand to the default “2 + 2” format, you will see the suits when you post the hand or preview that post.

If you want to look at the hands outside of “2 + 2” you can convert them to HTML format and then save the output in a file with a .htm or .html extension. You’ll need four gif files (club.gif, heart.gif, diamond.gif and spade.gif) in the same directory as the .html files. Those gif files can be found in any post that uses them ( [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ). Right-click on each and save on your hard drive in the same directory where you save the converted hands.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:31 AM

Thanks for your quick response Greenage. I tried posting a hand this morning in this forum but it was still in text. I will try again tonight. I appreciate the help as I am nearly computer illiterate.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:56 PM

If you still have problems, send the hand to me in a “Private Message” and I’ll try to see what’s wrong.

Edit: Send me the converted hand, I don't need to see the raw hand history.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:58 PM

does this work for Paradise or the Crypto sites or Stars, or just for Party hands?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does this work for Paradise or the Crypto sites or Stars, or just for Party hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a site is supported, it is supported for both High only and High-Low games.

PokerStars (ring games/tournaments).

Party/Empire (ring games/tournaments).

UltimateBet for ring games, tournaments have not been tested.

I’m adding support for Paradise right now (ring games and tournaments will both be tested). Someone asked about the Crypto sites and I told him I’d try if he could send me some good hand samples.

What I need is a High only hand, a High-Low hand and any tournament hand. I also need to see every possible action including third street completion, double bet, double raise, re-raise and all-in.

I also need to see hands with and without a showdown.

If you’re willing to send me some Crypto hands, PM me and I’ll give you my Email address.