Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 06:58 AM

Default I planned to check-raise

Pretty loose table overall, usually about 5-7 players seeing the flop. With several TAG's and LAG's at the table. Adding in two passive calling stations adding money to the pot and pots got big fast and the post flop action was intense.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1(Fish) calls, MP2(LAGish) calls, MP3(TAG) calls, CO(LaP) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB(TAG) checks,

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB(TAG) checks, MP1(Fish) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2(LAGish) bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3(TAG) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO(LaP) 3-bets</font>, Hero ...

I knew the MP2(LAGish) would bet if it was checked to him and intended to check/raise all the callers to his bet. MP1(Fish) was good at cold calling so I was all excited when as expected MP2(LAGish) bet. Then all hell broke loose. What do I do now?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:00 AM

Default Re: I planned to check-raise

Do you have a burning desire to continue with this hand?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:04 AM

Is this a trick question? Fold the hand.

SpaceAce
Old 07-27-2004, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a burning desire to continue with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason why is I cannot see any of those players limping at this table with a PP greater than tens or AT and with that board I think I am likely to have the best hand. Unless someone hit a set I am ahead. I tried to describe the table. The post flop activity was always getting crazy. It was early morning so this was the only table and I was burning off the bonus so my choices were limited. My inclination was to fold, I wanted to fold, but I could not get out of my head that every hand went crazy post flop with players raising with bottom pair and kicker that didn't beat the board. That is why I posted it. At a normal table, easy fold. The question therefor was when players start to get overly laggish postflop does that answer change. BTW the deal sealer for me to fold is that CO, one of the loose and passive players put in the three-bet and had the set of sixes.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:42 AM

Your description of the table makes the fold seem easy to me. You have a TAG raising, and a normally passive player 3-betting. Passive players don't 3-bet when they can't beat TPGK. Turbo fold.