Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:48 PM

Default QQ(kind of strange line)

I kind of thought. Meh I am going to extract the maximum vs this guy. Is it good to wait until the river to pop it? He was 36/8/2.5 so a bit LAG.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 10-18-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: QQ(kind of strange line)

Keepitsimple, 3-bet the flop or c/r the turn.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:53 PM

given read and drawless nature of the board: well played.

a LAG isn't checking behind top pair here and hopes to out bluff you on the river. a more "conservative" player: c/r the turn.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:02 PM

Yea I thought so too and he 3-bet me. Do I lay it down?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:04 PM

I think I am too nice to him if I show full strenght on the flop. I could have CRd the turn though. Why do I do that btw instead of waiting to the river? Its not like he is drawing to something except for A or K. What about calling the turn and donkbet river?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:06 PM

I'm always a fan of getting a c/r in on the turn here. There are a lot of cards that will kill your action or make you afraid to c/r. I think that any hand that fold to your turn c/r is unlikely to bet the river as well.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM

bet/call flop, bet/3-bet turn is the juice.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:15 PM

Imo there arent many cards that will kill my action. The only cards that would do that is an A or K. This board is imo virtually drawless. I didnt put villain on AA,KK,AK since he didnt cap preflop so I think we are pretty good here. With that said I am beginning to lean towards a CR on the turn anyhow. I wouldnt want an A or K to fall on the river since there is a good possibility for KQ,AQ,AJ and such hands.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not like he is drawing to something except for A or K.

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually have no idea what he's drawing to. What you DO know is that there are only 2 cards out of 46 that make YOUR hand better. Any of the other 44 could make his hand better, so, sure, wait until you can make him make a mistake by calling your raise, but then get it in there.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM

(grunching)

The flop seems good enough, but why not check/raise the turn? I wouldn't be giving villain credit for a hand, but if he does have 1 or 2 overcards, then you can be beat at the river. Getting your bets in on the turn while you are ahead (sklansky) seems to make the most sense. I think you would still prefer to fold the guy rather than get drawn out. Also, if the guy doesn't have a hand by the river, you may give him a free SD. He is a lag, but it is dangerous to c/r on the river, methinks.

A. Your line as it turned out:
turn: check/call = 1BB
river: check/raise = 2BB
Total: 3BB

B. Your line could have problems:
turn: check, villain checks = 0BB
river: bet, villain calls = 1BB
Total: 1BB
(this seems unlikely given villain lag)

C. Your line could have worse problems, though:
turn: check/call = 1BB
river: check, villain checks = 0BB &amp; free SD
total: 1BB

D. Possibly better line, and most likely result:
turn: check/raise = 2BB
river: bet/call = 1BB
Total: 3BB

Since B &amp; C are possible with your line, it seems that the more +EV way is to go with D. If I am missing something fundamental in this line, I will appreciate any response.

Buzz