Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Better line?

Really loose table. Whats a better line, that doesnt include fold pre-flop. Thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($38.86)
CO ($47.55)
Hero ($40.65)
SB ($28.25)
BB ($27.82)
UTG ($76.51)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.25</font>, UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, CO folds, Hero calls $1, SB folds.

Turn: ($7) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3, MP calls $3, Hero calls $3.

River: ($19) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, Hero folds, BB folds,MP Goes all in 19.36 over, UTG calls $19.36.

Final Pot: $53.36
Old 09-14-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Better line?

I don't hate the limp preflop. Some folks say you can play Kxs like a small pp if you can see the flop for cheap like you did. Alternate line would be to raise the flop as a semi-bluff which would allow you to probably see the next two cards for free as it is often checked to the raiser on the turn.

As played, I am raising on the turn an amount that no drawing hand will feel comfortable calling nor would have odds to call.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:01 PM

raise somewhere, either the flop or the turn, and when you raise, make it a real one.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:07 PM

I'm definitely raising the flop. You have a good equity edge against 3-4 opponents. Let the dead money pay you Sklansky $.

I'm find with PF. With so many limpers and being on the CO, I limp here about 90%.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 PM

Raise either the flop or turn.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate the limp preflop. Some folks say you can play Kxs like a small pp if you can see the flop for cheap like you did. Alternate line would be to raise the flop as a semi-bluff which would allow you to probably see the next two cards for free as it is often checked to the raiser on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like raising this flop.

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I am raising on the turn an amount that no drawing hand will feel comfortable calling nor would have odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd raise it to $16.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Raise the flop to juice it up, then slam the turn.

I'd prolly re-raise five more, expecting one or two callers. Then slam the turn with a pot sized bet.

As played, you should have re-raised about 10-15 bucks.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise either the flop or turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to narrow in on this a little... In this general situation I much prefer raising the flop than waiting for the turn. On the turn our equity is usually going to go either way up or way down, depending on what falls. (In this case, I'd say it is about unchanged, but this is unusual) On the flop we have several players trapped who will surely pay off a raise. But unless they improve (they usually won't) they will not pay anything on the turn. Any equity edge we have on the flop will be gone on the turn in the normal case.

Therefore if I raise my draw at all here, it's definitely on the flop.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:38 PM

Pound that [censored] on the flop. And if flop was a misclick certainly pound that [censored] on the turn.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:34 PM

I was going to pump the flop but after analyzing some PT stats I noticed I was too aggressive with my draws. On the turn I decided to just call, figuring there were only 4 cards that I didnt wanna see at most (I doubt hearts a lot, as was even doubting the threes). Given the action I thought a cold call was the best play, given the LAGgy nature of the table, and the bring down the HAMMMER on the river.