Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Blind Battle With LAG

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($554.80)
BB ($387.60)
---
---

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls $8.

Flop: ($24) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15.

Turn: ($54) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $44</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes</font>

The push is effectivly $317 more, 2.2 times the pot

Had only played BB for two orbits, so far he seemed very LAG

edit: A little more about my read. He seemed LAG, but I hadn't see him in any hands that made it to the river (which is common when you've only seen about 6 hands)
Old 11-03-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Blind Battle With LAG

What are you pushing for?
Do you think you will get called by [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw?
Why not lead turn and see if you get raised?

Risky proposition. If villain has ... say AQ, then he sure as hell aint folding. I think he folds all the stuff you beat (even [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s), and calls with hands that beat you.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:00 AM

Basically, I didn't like any other line after the flop

If I lead the turn, I don't think he'd raise with a worse hand, why call the flop and then raise the turn with a draw in position?

I've seen people call the flop and raise the turn with a draw in position in the mid-high forum, but I don't remember ever seeing this play at 400NL and less

I felt if I had lead the turn he would probably call
Old 11-03-2005, 11:14 AM

If you lead the turn, and you dont think that he will raise with a worse hand, then you can fold to any raise.
If he calls, then he is making a mistake, because he is not getting the right odds.

You have lots of options on the river then, like check/call, bet/fold a raise and such.

If you check/raise and he *does* have a strong hand, then you lost your stack, but if you lead the turn, then it only costs you 40-50 to find out if you are beat. Plus, if he checks behind, then you just gave him a free card with his "draw".
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 AM

Very similar to Ghazban's hand, I strongly prefer check/call, check/call. Let him continue to bluff. I'm not worried about the draw heads up (even though Ghaz's dude had the draw).
Old 11-03-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you lead the turn, and you dont think that he will raise with a worse hand, then you can fold to any raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, this makes me like a turn lead more

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls, then he is making a mistake, because he is not getting the right odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm not so sure about that. This is the main reason I went for a checkraise

The problem is there are a gazillion draws out, and I don't know which one he may or may not be on, hence a river scare card can put me in a real bad spot.

If he calls my turn lead, he could have all kinds of draws, or maybe a slowplayed big hand.

This line of thinking could be wrong, and I was just trying to avoid 'playing poker' I dunno. But for example, suppose I lead the turn, for $50. He calls, river comes offsuit 6

What do you do?

edit: In this situation pot would be $154, and he'd have about 300 behind
Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 PM

You have three options here (after checking). One is the line you took (you can checkraise less also). I think your line is fine. There is calling the turn bet and betting hard on the river. This represents a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw well, but if a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls that could ruin your action obviously. This will get a lot of loose calls. There is also check/call, check/call. Only to be used against the very agressive though.

I think betting is meh here.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:16 PM

man, i play this pretty differently.